Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, dydo said:

What is the strategy of the forum membets for the Chinese shares with the expected ITC recommendation on Sept. 22nd?

Not that I'm the leader of strategy, but I've sold off everything, mostly due to the weak JKS report.  It's been hard to stop myself from buying back into CSIQ.  Today this is not a good strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold 20% today will cut down to about half if pricing improves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert, how about buying puts on 8point3?  Just an idea b/c your broker does not lend shares.

Looks like December 12.50 strike is selling for 0.25.

If your $10 prediction happens, that's 10x return? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dydo said:

What is the strategy of the forum membets for the Chinese shares with the expected ITC recommendation on Sept. 22nd?

I'm not selling any Chinese shares ahead of the recommendation, as I think the chances are 50-50 on the decision (this forum posted links to several submissions indicating the impact to US producers is small, while the impact of a minimum price on US installers would be huge, so now it will come down to whether the ITC actually considers those arguments or acts on impulse--and I think that's a toss-up at best).  My actions will come post-recommendation.  I have Chinese trading shares, and I have FSLR trading shares.  If the decision is to impose a minimum price, FSLR will rise and I'll sell some of those trading shares to buy more Chinese shares at lower levels.  (Long-term, I expect Chinese solars to recover after an initial sell-off in this scenario.)  If the decision is not to impose a minimum price, the reverse will occur--Chinese solars will rise and I'll sell some of those trading shares to buy more FSLR at lower levels (as I also expect FSLR to recover after an initial sell-off in this scenario--the solar market is large enough to accommodate growth in both FSLR and Chinese products).

So in a nutshell, I'm hedging my bets, having money in both Chinese and FSLR shares.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dydo said:

bought the dip on CSIQ to trade

Looking to unload some shares around the Ichimoku cloud breakout.  Then holding some more in case it does break through for a run into the low 17s. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JASO and JKS trade independent of any concerns with Suniva this has to be foreign buying. CSIQ is probably not even considered Chinese  oh irony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dydo said:

JASO and JKS trade independent of any concerns with Suniva this has to be foreign buying. CSIQ is probably not even considered Chinese  oh irony 

Don't you love it?  Chinadian Solar is Chinese when there's fear of Chinese solar, but they're Canadian when Chinese come in and want to run up their domestic manufacturers stock prices.  Can't win!  Someday, however, as they're setup very nicely for natural stock appreciation.  I'm certain Chinese investment is the case with Jinko, as the last round of 13Fs showed and I also suspect they're running the price up to keep the fall from Suniva in check and also to inflate the price to do a secondary offering.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×