19 hours ago, dydo said:

My pursuit of NEP can be explained by the analysis I did on it recently.

In the 5 years mostly predictable scenario, I see the company to double and a bit more. The price is below the price in the article.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4095917-2017-yieldco-portfolio-update-shares-remain-undervalued

fragment from my article

The new corporate format and $550M in new money have increased value of shares and as a result lowered the dividend yield. An update to my estimate made in April, when using the 3.77% dividend yield, improves five-year price targets. The yearly dividend payment of $2.78 per share would now see $73 per share by 2022. Having $3.26 yearly dividend, based on a 15% yearly increase, the share price could reach $86 per share, offering the potential return range of 80 to 112%, based on the current price of $40.36 per share.

18% return annual return doesn't sound bad.

What is the name of the method that you use to calculate these numbers?

Thanks

21 hours ago, sunnypease said:

18% return annual return doesn't sound bad.

What is the name of the method that you use to calculate these numbers?

Thanks

It is the yield sustenance with the growth of dividend.  

14 hours ago, dydo said:

It is the yield sustenance with the growth of dividend.  

What is the name of the technique?   purely a Dividend Discount Model technique?  

Thanks

7 hours ago, sunnypease said:

What is the name of the technique?   purely a Dividend Discount Model technique?  

Thanks

It is called R.Dydo fixed yield-dividend growth model. Lol I do not know the name or whether there is a name for it. 

Unless someone on this forum knows better I cannot see JKS has better margin over 14% less as they rely on oem for volume. I do not see how this supports the price  of the stock. 

1 hour ago, dydo said:

Unless someone on this forum knows better I cannot see JKS has better margin over 14% less as they rely on oem for volume. I do not see how this supports the price  of the stock. 

I tend to agree.  Gordon says Jinko's module business is worth $28.  But I think that's a very friendly figure.  Unless we're going to start to assign higher PEs to all of the solars because big money needs someplace to see growth?

Wise move Explo..  JKS is more riskier than ever..

Disappointed with CSIQ.. I'm considering to sell off and go back to TSLA.. The way that Elon Musk got those $ 1.8 billions (to scale Model3 production) with low interest debt (5%), was great..

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Wise move Explo..  JKS is more riskier than ever..

Disapoointed with CSIQ.. I'm considering to sell off and go back to TSLA.. The way that Elon Musk got those $ 1.8 billions (to scale Model3 production) with low interest debt (5%), was great..

How about SQ?  Still with that?

I had eyed SQ mid last year as one of my first stock picks, then forgot about it.

Now I'm getting back into it.  I'm a programmer.  Square has been at the forefront of mobile app development since the beginning.  

The square platform now does payroll as well as provide loans to small businesses, using AI for credit decisions.   Their software quality is unparalleled & while other choose to focus on social networking, they are focused on helping businesses make money.  

They could easily add tax prep services as well.  

They are at 7B market cap now.  Intuit is 35B  But Intuit's software dev. abilities suck in comparison.  I want to read & study more & potentially put a lot more of my allocation towards it.

Sold CSIQ bought NYLD read my article on equity interest in yieldcos on sa to see why.