22 minutes ago, odyd said:

If Jinko was being bought as an investment, not off the market, by Saudis, and perhaps private offering was considered, how much confirmation would this offer to Chinese companies on the market, a lot.

Do you guys think this is what is going on?  

Strategic meeting with Saudi electric.  Is that what you are referring to?

If the Saudi's bought in to JKS, the market would go mad for Chinese solar...  

But the news is old a few days.  Why react now?

I think it's more to do with oil & short squeeze.  http://shortsqueeze.com/shortinterest/stock/JKS.htm  JKS has a 10 days to cover.

17 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Me too.  @ 18.10.  You?  Should have waited.  

JASO has moved well too. I wonder what will happen at the end of the session. If strong finish it could be promising. Mind you there is Monday.

3 minutes ago, odyd said:

JASO has moved well too. I wonder what will happen at the end of the session. If strong finish it could be promising. Mind you there is Monday.

hard to say.  The opec meeting is on the 25th,  Thursday.  It's a ways off in market terms.  

Today's rally is built on selloff rebound & oil spike.  Both of those may suffer hangovers Monday.  

Could be a strong finish, but I bet you see a lot of "order imbalance on the sell side" before close.

Or.. if there is a strong close, then the market could set up for at least a surge on Monday.

I have to eat my words.  I just read the Saudi Electric meets JKS CEO and it sounds big.  There must be a reason JKS is moving ahead of the others & this is probably it.

Oil didn't make this dramatic of a move & when oil fell back, solars kept going up.

Last time there was a Saudi mention it was end of February I think.  That marked the bottom & since then solars have been only moving up.

1 hour ago, sunnypease said:

I have to eat my words.  I just read the Saudi Electric meets JKS CEO and it sounds big.  There must be a reason JKS is moving ahead of the others & this is probably it.

Oil didn't make this dramatic of a move & when oil fell back, solars kept going up.

Last time there was a Saudi mention it was end of February I think.  That marked the bottom & since then solars have been only moving up.

ReneSola went up 14% today, so maybe they were also in a room? There is a family relationship between failure and success of those two companies. The simplest explanation is yes, a lot of investors see this as positive that Jinko was talking to Saudis. Now the element of not announcing Q1 is certainly suppressed for now.  ReneSola also did not announce its Q1. It announced on May 10th, last year to deliver it on May 23rd. I suspect, after CSIQ being also late, accounting changes may have some influence, that would be my guess.

If this run was on the Saudi news it was unlucky timing of the PR as the run was delayed.