34,970 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, sunnypease said:

Also, this glut will shake out some weaker players.  When there are fewer players, maybe they'll collude a bit to raise or stabilize prices?  

That's what we all thought about the previous glut.  Didn't happen then.  Makes me very nervous that it won't happen now either.

There is probably softness in the market ahead of us, but this is what I talked about for months now. It is time to flip the switch, while everyone has concluded it is time to sell now. Do not buy FSLR, this is going down to $25.

JASO is a good business but it will be JASO. CSIQ will trade in the range, of 10 to current, I am hoping to transition in to it. JKS good stock but the accounting is a bit scary for me on receivable and payable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This place had some ideas sharing, is there nobody left to say anything or solar has damaged last interest?

That's how good it gets?  I guess this is what it feels like buying near the bottom.  Hopefully its the bottom!

Do you think we'll continue to see selling over the next few days?  Seems like wall street losing Trump confidence & S&P totally topped out.   But then what do I know.

I'm traveling now so didn't get a chance to listen to CSIQ's CC. 

You said HQCL could prove to be a good investment.  Probably no need to buy ahead of earnings. If they are good maybe you can get them on the same or next day.

I am waiting for it to slip below $12, to buy more shares.

There are a few market & sort  of sector things pressuring prices:

Those that went long on oil are starting to reconsider.  (big bets from big players)

Trump says any day he'll use an executive order to start dismantling the CPP.

Solar bulls (momos) spirits are broken because they went long on FSLR & SPWR thinking the end of the glut was here only to find out it isn't.  Some lost 25% in a couple weeks.

Trump trade unwinding.

ASPs down 4% in quarter.  CSIQ declared losses. (Not sure if anyone pays attention to these)

Then again, the planet is still heating up.  Only time before everyone rushes back to solar.

Robert -

If under 12 is what you'd be happy with, then go ahead & buy now.  It's 12.12.  1% higher than what you want to pay.

I remember last winter you said you must wait until under 10 & it was at 10.40 or something like that.  

I guess the difference now is the bull market feels like it is waning.  Indeed, no economic data seems to convince people to buy more.  

That is a big difference between now and buying solar during the last glut.  Stock prices so high now.  However, solars *should* be more immune to market gyrations given their P/Es are so low.

Matt