23 hours ago, pg6solar said:

I wasn't questioning why FSLR is down. I was curious what caused 18M volume on down side, with 1/3 of the total day's volume traded on the close (including first 20 minutes AH). S&P rebalance is the answer.

S&P rebalance is another way to say this "triple witching"? 

Aha now I see your post saying it was options closing, etc.  

Good to know why.  Should we expect a bounce on Monday as it didn't really have to do with immediate fundamentals?

54 minutes ago, odyd said:

I think JKS can remain profitable through 2017.

Sounds like time to go long?  A good entry might be when Trump signs this anti - CPP executive order, or maybe that's already priced in.

And what about 2018?  Demand is expected to be good again?

You wrote before that CSIQ guided a medium term floor to their ability to reduce cost, so if a glut continues and prices continue to fall then things could get worse?  

one more post.  

Friday was a "quadruple witching"  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-quadruple-witching-day-still-spook-the-stock-market-2017-03-17

"the real action on quad witch is the volume in the final hour of trading"

I guess that is what killed YGE in the last minutes.  & that explains the volume you saw on FSLR.

Good weekend everyone.

49 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Sounds like time to go long?  A good entry might be when Trump signs this anti - CPP executive order, or maybe that's already priced in.

And what about 2018?  Demand is expected to be good again?

You wrote before that CSIQ guided a medium term floor to their ability to reduce cost, so if a glut continues and prices continue to fall then things could get worse?  

Only two days left to capture what they see, I will wait with comments.

2 minutes ago, odyd said:

Only two days left to capture what they see, I will wait with comments.

I hope it looks good.  I'm ready to go long, lock in some positions & forget about it for a while... hopefully!

I am thinking about the article on solar investing, and I put this one-page presentation, which will be used as a base of it. I am waiting for data from CSIQ and Hanwha to complete the draft.

I think the time to average or buy the position is probably upon us. Depending on CSIQ I may still trade, but at this point, I will probably hold my position. I am going to buy CSIQ from the PEGI dividend potentially as one of the options.

My focus is Capex, margins, EPS and technology (hence Capex). A combination of those, having positive outcome favors JKS, but also JASO. JASO may not see a lot of action as a stock.

Looking at some pics from Thailand it seems they are expanding in Thailand as new ground is being dedicated.

There seems to be cell factory opening on March 10th. 

14 hours ago, odyd said:

I am thinking about the article on solar investing, and I put this one-page presentation, which will be used as a base of it. I am waiting for data from CSIQ and Hanwha to complete the draft.

I think the time to average or buy the position is probably upon us. Depending on CSIQ I may still trade, but at this point, I will probably hold my position. I am going to buy CSIQ from the PEGI dividend potentially as one of the options.

My focus is Capex, margins, EPS and technology (hence Capex). A combination of those, having positive outcome favors JKS, but also JASO. JASO may not see a lot of action as a stock.

Nice sheet odyd

On 3/18/2017 at 2:07 PM, sunnypease said:

S&P rebalance is another way to say this "triple witching"? 

Aha now I see your post saying it was options closing, etc.  

Good to know why.  Should we expect a bounce on Monday as it didn't really have to do with immediate fundamentals?

I hope you still have spwr and fslr shorts, and if you do, it is not a bad time to cover and take profits.  Good job!  Odyd did it again.