35,545 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, pg6solar said:

I wasn't questioning why FSLR is down. I was curious what caused 18M volume on down side, with 1/3 of the total day's volume traded on the close (including first 20 minutes AH). S&P rebalance is the answer.

 

S&P rebalance is another way to say this "triple witching"? 

Aha now I see your post saying it was options closing, etc.  

Good to know why.  Should we expect a bounce on Monday as it didn't really have to do with immediate fundamentals?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, odyd said:

I think JKS can remain profitable through 2017.

Sounds like time to go long?  A good entry might be when Trump signs this anti - CPP executive order, or maybe that's already priced in.

And what about 2018?  Demand is expected to be good again?

  You wrote before that CSIQ guided a medium term floor to their ability to reduce cost, so if a glut continues and prices continue to fall then things could get worse?  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one more post.  

Friday was a "quadruple witching"  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/does-quadruple-witching-day-still-spook-the-stock-market-2017-03-17

"the real action on quad witch is the volume in the final hour of trading"

 

I guess that is what killed YGE in the last minutes.  & that explains the volume you saw on FSLR.

Good weekend everyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Sounds like time to go long?  A good entry might be when Trump signs this anti - CPP executive order, or maybe that's already priced in.

And what about 2018?  Demand is expected to be good again?

  You wrote before that CSIQ guided a medium term floor to their ability to reduce cost, so if a glut continues and prices continue to fall then things could get worse?  

Only two days left to capture what they see, I will wait with comments.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, odyd said:

Only two days left to capture what they see, I will wait with comments.

I hope it looks good.  I'm ready to go long, lock in some positions & forget about it for a while... hopefully!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking about the article on solar investing, and I put this one-page presentation, which will be used as a base of it. I am waiting for data from CSIQ and Hanwha to complete the draft.

I think the time to average or buy the position is probably upon us. Depending on CSIQ I may still trade, but at this point, I will probably hold my position. I am going to buy CSIQ from the PEGI dividend potentially as one of the options.

My focus is Capex, margins, EPS and technology (hence Capex). A combination of those, having positive outcome favors JKS, but also JASO. JASO may not see a lot of action as a stock.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at some pics from Thailand it seems they are expanding in Thailand as new ground is being dedicated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be cell factory opening on March 10th. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, odyd said:

I am thinking about the article on solar investing, and I put this one-page presentation, which will be used as a base of it. I am waiting for data from CSIQ and Hanwha to complete the draft.

I think the time to average or buy the position is probably upon us. Depending on CSIQ I may still trade, but at this point, I will probably hold my position. I am going to buy CSIQ from the PEGI dividend potentially as one of the options.

My focus is Capex, margins, EPS and technology (hence Capex). A combination of those, having positive outcome favors JKS, but also JASO. JASO may not see a lot of action as a stock.

 

Nice sheet odyd

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 2:07 PM, sunnypease said:

S&P rebalance is another way to say this "triple witching"? 

Aha now I see your post saying it was options closing, etc.  

Good to know why.  Should we expect a bounce on Monday as it didn't really have to do with immediate fundamentals?

I hope you still have spwr and fslr shorts, and if you do, it is not a bad time to cover and take profits.  Good job!  Odyd did it again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.