34,759 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, odyd said:

JASO gave preliminary results, not sure why maybe they will not host the cc and announce to be taken private, please.

Unlikely. The did the same last year - pre announce about this time then ER on 3/15 (now it states "final results" 3/16).

FSLR repeates SPWR pattern of dropping hard on ER day and then recovering the next day. In SPWR case it was up double digit the next day - more than recovering the ER day loss.

Other solars are up today too and were down yesterday too though so FSLR is not acting in isolation. Maybe the others are just following its moves or FSLR is not moving based on ER just based on sector move. My bet is on the former and that the market follows a pattern of Q4 report reactions.

4 minutes ago, explo said:

FSLR repeates SPWR pattern of dropping hard on ER day and then recovering the next day. In SPWR case it was up double digit the next day - more than recovering the ER day loss.

Other solars are up today too and were down yesterday too though so FSLR is not acting in isolation. Maybe the others are just following its moves or FSLR is not moving based on ER just based on sector move. My bet is on the former and that the market follows a pattern of Q4 report reactions.

Damn I knew I should have closed that short at 33.50 yesterday.  

So far it doesn't seem like an out of control short squeeze.  

Anyhow, I can't imagine these levels will hold for too long with FSLR.  The Series 6 rewards are too far away.  Earnings get worse.

How was that JASO pre-report?

7 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Damn I knew I should have closed that short at 33.50 yesterday.  

So far it doesn't seem like an out of control short squeeze.  

Anyhow, I can't imagine these levels will hold for too long with FSLR.  The Series 6 rewards are too far away.  Earnings get worse.

How was that JASO pre-report?

JASO pre-report was just shipments and top line. Who cares about that during ASP crash quarter?

SPWR kept rising during the day seemingly irrational to end on the high, probably squeezing the shorts at the end of the day that didn't utilize the previous day's ER pressure on longs.

Is it just oil again and here we think ER matters..?

Edited by explo

2 minutes ago, explo said:

JASO pre-report was just shipments and top line. Who cares about that during ASP crash quarter?

SPWR kept rising during the day seemingly irrational to end on the high, probably squeezing the shorts at the end of the day that didn't utilize the previous day's ER pressure on longs.

Got to learn to go slow shorting these heavily shorted stocks.

With most float in Total's hands and 40% short float for the rest, it's pretty easy for Total to trigger a short squeeze if it wants to.

Maybe that is why they bought just 2/3! :)

Market is fading.  I don't think (OK I pray) that this won't be a full blown short squeeze day.

I realize most of you are longs, but what will it take to kill this solar bull run?  It makes no sense.

Aha!  It's probably just oil!  

When oil was up 1.5% Tuesday the solar stocks roared.  

When oil was down 1.5% Wednesday the solar stocks dumped.

Today oil up 2%!  buy buy buy solar!

Am I shorting solar stocks or am I shorting offshore drillers?

2 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Got to learn to go slow shorting these heavily shorted stocks.

With most float in Total's hands and 40% short float for the rest, it's pretty easy for Total to trigger a short squeeze if it wants to.

Maybe that is why they bought just 2/3! :)

Market is fading.  I don't think (OK I pray) that this won't be a full blown short squeeze day.

I realize most of you are longs, but what will it take to kill this solar bull run?  It makes no sense.

Looks like the others are fading a bit now while FSLR charges on..

The Q1 will be worst, that is why it matters. Industry is in bad place, does not matter now, prices are irrational until someone needs to hold a bag, time will tell.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk