36 minutes ago, odyd said:

Thank you, Matthew,

I have been out from tracking material pricing for a while, so I am very surprised. Companies trying to sell inventories or not hold to materials for long would be shocking the system selling modules at a price drop and buying poly at 20% higher. Not sure of impairment on poly with SunPower, perhaps are read the cc on the weekend.

This means that not only ASP hit the cost, but the cost went up.

That screenshot was from the 23 12 2017.  I'm missing the final report from December.  (I need to get better at downloading when they are available)

I'd upload the entire reports, except they are a few MB in side & I have an upload size restriction.

Does CSIQ supply their own poly  Another hint would be the profits @ the various poly suppliers?

1 hour ago, sunnypease said:

Does CSIQ supply their own poly  Another hint would be the profits @ the various poly suppliers?

The big panel brands have own wafers factories that need to buy all their poly supply since none of the own poly plants (except Renesola, not big maybe). FSLR's panel cost is poly market immune.

SPWR is up double digit today, recovering more than it lost yesterday on the Q4 report.

Sounded like credit suisse wanted to get out giving it target if $10 on this report, a lot of buyers thinking it is legit. I am going to put time in to see how they look on debt, against two years of zero earnings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, odyd said:

Sounded like credit suisse wanted to get out giving it target if $10 on this report, a lot of buyers thinking it is legit. I am going to put time in to see how they look on debt, against two years of zero earnings.

Also they said their revolver (revolving line of credit?) is not available.  I guess they must have other lines of credit available, but that doesn't sound very good.

13 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Also they said their revolver (revolving line of credit?) is not available.  I guess they must have other lines of credit available, but that doesn't sound very good.

Additionally, I'd like to mention that we currently do not have access to our $300 million revolver, nor do we expect to have access to it this year. However, our 2017 forecast reflect this, and we still expect to exit the year with over $300 million in cash.

So for 2017 it seems they expect to have sufficient cash anyway.

One of their convertible debentures is up in 2018, $300m , it will be called with a low stock price, trouble ahead.

10 minutes ago, explo said:

So for 2017 it seems they expect to have sufficient cash anyway.

This puts a limit on what sort of projects they can sign up for though, no?  I suppose they can drum up some new loans for the right deal.

Yes they are doomed but not imminently.