35,526 posts in this topic

Some nice moves last week. Already up 16% on the JASO entry. The JKS entry was a few days premature and is only up 2%.

Was a nice rebound, but I favor share prices will head back down, perhaps after next ERs..

as Explo said, 2017 agenda still looks horrible, and this runup could be bait..

I'm considering to sell if JKS goes over 18 before ER, to rebuy it at 14 later..

Is Jinko selling it's power business for $250M? All of the work for this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There is 1 billion debt in BS of Jinko Power as of Q2 ER... That means  $ 1,3 /W for the 55% stake hold by JKS.

Not bad...

I suppose no more paper money, is this the model, just a manufacturing; CSIQ I see sold 80% interest in Brazilian plant so plant ownership no longer a value

1 hour ago, odyd said:

We kind of knew this for a long-time, that they were not seeing project development and electricity generation asset holding as their core business. TSL seems much more committed to fully own these business segments and thus being the long-term growthco I'm looking for. Unfortunately their shares will no longer be an option offered to US investors.

36 minutes ago, explo said:

We kind of knew this for a long-time, that they were not seeing project development and electricity generation asset holding as their core business. TSL seems much more committed to fully own these business segments and thus being the long-term growthco I'm looking for. Unfortunately their shares will no longer be an option offered to US investors.

So JKS is back to being a straight manufacturer, in a market where what they make has become a pure commodity with still-shrinking margins.  Wow.

I still have some JKS shares in a retirement account purchased in the 18s.  Next time they're above that, I'll be selling those--JKS just dropped off my long-term hold list.  They may still be good for short-term (day/swing) trading, though.

2 hours ago, odyd said:

Yes, disappointing, electricity generation asset was an exciting business with high margins potential, I guess they need to improve their BS to face the incoming glut..