6 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Maybe you might consider hedging what you have?  

I'm not an expert by any means, so probably others should chime in or get some advice from other folks... but a few people think that DQ has further to fall.  Buy some puts on that?

If it falls more, you can sell them at a profit & then hopefully simultaneously FSLR will be crawling back up.  Big divergence on the analyst numbers for FSLR.  

However... DQ puts seem expensive to me.

I'm not buying any & I have this big FSLR position now too.  But maybe we should be thinking of it?

I don't have a good enough grip (or much of any grip) on options to know how to even do that quite honestly.  I Thanks for suggesting it, however.  If I survive this trade, clearly I need to dig deeper into options to hedge.  At this point, I still don't even know how one tells if one sells or buys a call on the chain.  All I can do is look at the chain and vaguely see what people might be doing.  It's that bad.  :) . But thank you, point taken.

Bought more CSIQ, avg. 12.44

39 minutes ago, dydo said:

52 week low for Canadian, if Qu ever wanted to buy this is the time to go for it. Even if the price is lowered to $17 or even $16 it would be considered a relief.  It is 7 months or so from his non-binding offer, so the time is also right. 

What if he does not buy at all?

3 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

What if he does not buy at all?

In my case, I just sell on recovery for anything above $13.50

I hope he keeps quit and says nothing. Stock is trading as if there is expectation of offer withdrawal with no other offer. On confirmation, it will quickly go even lower. 

8 minutes ago, dydo said:

Bought more CSIQ, avg. 12.44

What's your top reason for buying?

You are not worried about the company's ability to weather maybe a 1-2 year long drop in ASPs below cost?

You are counting on the CEO buying it up / supporting the price?  I suppose he must be now buying some at these prices.  Though the similar % fall for CSIQ to the others would say he isn't buying much.

You don't believe that the Chinese cut will actually happen as it's written?

Or that the situation isn't as bad as people are writing?

Just curious.. I'm also thinking of maybe even adding.   

Thank you-

Matt

The reason for buying is the low price versus what is the enterprise potential. Have seen this before, and before was a lot worse. This is not a long-term hold by any standards. I think common sense and reason will come back and recovery will be here within days, even if it means 10 to 15%.

Do not rely on my statements, but I actually think Qu would pruchaseCSIQ at $18.47. despite the price drop and the current situation.  

1 minute ago, dydo said:

Do not rely on my statements, but I actually think Qu would pruchaseCSIQ at $18.47. despite the price drop and the current situation.  

I would fly to China to hug him.  Or is he in Canada.  That would be easier.

What I did is I stuck out my neck a little further & sold 4 11 July puts for 30 cents each.  Thats $120 bucks or 400 shares at 10.70 if we fall further.

Edited by sunnypease

After a lot of ups and downs and wins and losses with most of the companies on this board, it's looking like ENPH will be the one to make it all worthwhile.  Read a lot about them and have their inverters on my roof (as well as SEDG string) and the ENPH is far superior in every way.  Price was the issue for them, but now, with their latest tech, that is less of a concern -- they're actually much cheaper over the life of the system.  Their new systems work overseas, unlike their older stuff, and it's a matter of time before the take a huge chunk of business away from leader SEDG.  I kept buying in as it looked like they may not make it, and now they are on the way back up.  Should be over 10 by year end and higher beyond.  New management is strong and the deal with SPWR has brought a 40% jump the past two days.  To me, the big wins for them come in the next several years, worldwide.

1 hour ago, SolarRoof said:

After a lot of ups and downs and wins and losses with most of the companies on this board, it's looking like ENPH will be the one to make it all worthwhile.  Read a lot about them and have their inverters on my roof (as well as SEDG string) and the ENPH is far superior in every way.  

I agree it's been quite a turnaround for ENPH.  Not sure if they are 100% out of the woods yet.

Also, when panels are so cheap... what is the purpose of ENPH micro-inverters anyhow?

If the idea is to increase efficiency of panels, then you could simply add more panels, probably for less money.

Micro-inverters are nice I guess because they allow you to turn off individual panels and more easily see how much you are generating?  Also they last longer than string inverters from what I understand.

Once batteries will be cheaper, a very simple system can be a bunch of 60 cell panels (around 28V output) hooked to some sort of controller. (such as these:  http://electrodacus.com) and hooked to a battery & EV.  

A 24V to 120V sine wave inverter can be used in the house for the few AC things you still have around that need that sort of power.