5 hours ago, MVA said:

Solar market is expected to rebound in March, after Chinese holidays, and if Qu will be downgrading CSIQ with his mumbling, during ER in March - I will sue him personally, I promise!!!... It looks to me more and more like a ponzi scheme... Every Qu statement always included, Quote: "... to increase the value for our shareholders"... And thus, after promising stars and collecting SH's money and building successful company with a lot of projects for sale (disguised as liabilities on its balance sheet, until sold), he is going to snatch the company, built with my money, and disappear into China... Tell me it is not a modern style ponzi in action...

It is a ponzi scheme the only hope he is willing to pay the price he promised. Otherwise, it will be worse.

I loaded up on FSLR when our humble leader got bearish on Tuesday.  No correlation, honestly, I had been nibbling before his post.  Looking to sell it on close today, but gonna trade this like a fool next week. Also hold a bunch of shares that I"m not touching until after ER.

Hey all. Anyone making an earnings trade with FSLR?  Tomorrow's $67 calls are paying a little under $3. That is almost 5% from current price.

The forum has been quiet lately.  There seems to be not much interest in the PVSolar stocks.  I thought that I moved some solar stocks into these REIT to avoid the volatility.  The last few days VTR and WELL have been more volatile than solar stocks.  I wonder what everyone thinks about the market in general and solar/REIT stocks in particular.

14 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

The forum has been quiet lately.  There seems to be not much interest in the PVSolar stocks.  I thought that I moved some solar stocks into these REIT to avoid the volatility.  The last few days VTR and WELL have been more volatile than solar stocks.  I wonder what everyone thinks about the market in general and solar/REIT stocks in particular.

Not much to discuss.  PV panel makers continue to sputter along, most barely profitable even with 100 GW/yr installations.  "Profitless prosperity," indeed.  There is some action in FSLR and DQ.  But both have positives and negatives (FSLR coming off a lousy quarter, looking to get better, while DQ came off a great quarter, but may not be able to maintain that pace), so their prices could go either way from here.  I don't know enough about REITs to have an informed opinion.  As for the market in general, it could of course tank 10-20% at any time for any or no reason whatsoever, but economists don't see the next recession looming yet.  A bigger problem is interest rates.  As they rise, even moderately, so does the interest on the US national debt.  Add to that the fact we've chosen to also increase the size of the debt, at a time when the economy is doing fine and does not need stimulus spending, and there will come the day when that bill comes due.  THAT may tank the market quite severely.  But when that will happen is anyone's guess.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jetmoney said:

The general market is at end of cycle after a great bull run this decade, but it might very well continue the whole decade. What happens when it ends is a bit uncertain as it was initially an for and extended period driven by unprecedented monetary policy doping. Just now the economy drivers are in place while monetary doping is not yet fully unwinded and with the Trumponomics margin expanding fiscal policy doping added (though curbing growth and adding risk with protectionism). Personally I’m not too worried that this will end in the mother of all hangovers since we had two massive ones the last decade and despite being up a lot from the end of the last one we have not seen very high stock market CAGR the past two decades. The stock market is basically back to normalized value, given that the global profit growth momentum continues. I’ve already been hedged for a while so I’m not worried about a change of market weather.

Edited by explo
  • Thanks 1