Sign in to follow this  
dydo

REITs

1 hour ago, dydo said:

Yes, hopefully, the stock can settle and collecting dividends will offset the underwater. I am holding fore now. 

Excellent CC. Very different from CN s...t we used to.

21 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Excellent CC. Very different from CN s...t we used to.

I also got into reading about the guidance and difference on dispositions. I must say that superficially statement of soft guidance would be right, but it is not a full story. I agree on the quality as well. If you are interested in my logistics industry consideration, I should say UPS. the stock is selling and getting to 52 weeks' low is an attractive point of entry. The dividend is now $0.91 per share, still not what  TRGP pays, but UPS has growth story behind. I work for 3PL and UPS also does it, and Amazon is a client of both of us. Delivery business is huge and will only get bigger. It is a nonsense reaction to sell UPS for that reason. It is simply naive to think Amazon would replace or even compete, they just want some of that pie.

There're many companies selling close to lows but drop from highs is not enough plus UPS' yield is not what I'm looking for. If oil continues the slide and BP gets back to $34 (7%) yield and under, I will get back in it again.

3 hours ago, pg6solar said:

Odyd, Ventas offers to buy $600M in notes. Good move on their part? If yes, why stock is down? Citi downgrade?

I seen Stifel dropping them to 56 what does Citi do? It is good move trying to lock rates for a long term. 

15 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Citi's PT to $52 from $66.

I wonder why? Some of those recommendations are so obviously self serving it is stupid. 

Confusing Ventas. It looks like they sold 2028 4% notes for $650M and will pay out of that $600M  for 2019 4% notes. I did not see it in morning's release, but see it in after hours' one. 

42 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Confusing Ventas. It looks like they sold 2028 4% notes for $650M and will pay out of that $600M  for 2019 4% notes. I did not see it in morning's release, but see it in after hours' one. 

Not confusing, if you expect that interest rates will go up. Expiration notes in 2019 could add half a percent if refinanced then or more. Now they got 10 years of it. It should put at ease critics of rising interest rates if they have attention to notice while jumping out of the windows. 

Makes sense thanks. Speaking of jumping out the windows, someone sold (and bought) at $49.50s AH (yes a tiny position, but still), I assume on OHI spillover effect.