Sign in to follow this  
dydo

REITs

2 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

SC,

$54+ VTR vs $58+ HCN? I do not see much difference in price and both trade with similar volume too. Lets stay on specific stocks without introducing hypotheticals:

1. buying $10,000 of VTR at closing price of $54.33 - is about 184 shares. Dividend is (currently) .79, or $145.36.

2. with the same $10,000 of HCN at closing price of $58.45 - is only about 171 shares. Dividend is already declared - .87 (not raised, but is still higher), or $148.77.

How more clear can it be? Yield is the key (and both are top notch companies).

Oh for crying out. Nobody is making this point. Move on.

25 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

SC,

$54+ VTR vs $58+ HCN? I do not see much difference in price and both trade with similar volume too. Lets stay on specific stocks without introducing hypotheticals:

1. buying $10,000 of VTR at closing price of $54.33 - is about 184 shares. Dividend is (currently) .79, or $145.36.

2. with the same $10,000 of HCN at closing price of $58.45 - is only about 171 shares. Dividend is already declared - .87 (not raised, but is still higher), or $148.77.

How more clear can it be? Yield is the key (and both are top notch companies).

The response was to your comment

"Different share price is an illusion. Yield is the key. Say investing $10,000 in each stock"

I gave you reasons why a lower share price may be the reason of choice when all things are considered equal. I knew an executive head of a company in the 90's   that would split the stock when it reached 40 or 50 just for that reason. Roberts own comment in his  earlier post supports that thesis. Robert  said

"However, both PSA and SPG are high priced, and even when returning 4% plus yield, do not offer a lot in case of buying shares with it (for me). I prefer HCN and VTR in those conditions."

You can argue that it is the same returns, but the reality is it is an investing mentality and strategy.

Edited by SCSolar

1 hour ago, SCSolar said:

The response was to your comment

"Different share price is an illusion. Yield is the key. Say investing $10,000 in each stock"

I gave you reasons why a lower share price may be the reason of choice when all things are considered equal. I knew an executive head of a company in the 90's   that would split the stock when it reached 40 or 50 just for that reason. Roberts own comment in his  earlier post supports that thesis. Robert  said

"However, both PSA and SPG are high priced, and even when returning 4% plus yield, do not offer a lot in case of buying shares with it (for me). I prefer HCN and VTR in those conditions."

You can argue that it is the same returns, but the reality is it is an investing mentality and strategy.

Thank you, that was my point. In addition, I operate with two accounts. I have one dedicated to HCN and another to VTR. I cannot cross money between them. I sold SBRA when VTR dropped as a stone and added it. It was purely averaging on a quality company within one account capacity.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, pg6solar said:

SBRA just cut dividend by a massive 13.5%. 

They did not. 0.52 per share was a catch up payment. They did not raise 0.45 per share but why would day over10% dividend already.

VTR is reporting tomorrow and it is falling apart today. This year is already turning into a concern. Full year dividend would only break it even for me at this point.

17 hours ago, dydo said:

VTR is reporting tomorrow and it is falling apart today. This year is already turning into a concern. Full year dividend would only break it even for me at this point.

Beat on EPS and in-line on revenues, but FY18 guidance is to the downside. 

Traded all OHI (already qualified for Omega dividend) for more VTR before the close. Looks like was an other wrong move this week.

Edited by pg6solar

2 hours ago, pg6solar said:

Beat on EPS and in-line on revenues, but FY18 guidance is to the downside. 

Traded all OHI (already qualified for Omega dividend) for more VTR before the close. Looks like was an other wrong move this week.

Yes, hopefully, the stock can settle and collecting dividends will offset the underwater. I am holding fore now.