Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Beyond Solar

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎20 at 4:28 AM, dydo said:

I am holding SBRA

For long-term performance PSA that SCSolar recommended is worth a look. It's return, volatility and correlation properties gave it high allocation in my long-term performance focused portfolio. For the short-term focus it seems to have gotten a nice discount the past 2 years.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SBRA/chart?p=SBRA#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

A final diversification step ahead, BLOK or BLCN. I am more into BLOK. This is not pure blockchain ETF, but something which can grow to be.

I think I would be able to cover all areas of growth and keep one dividend producing REIT for 2018.

I sold ILCN this morning at 9.67. Seems lifeless after two days; bought BLOK also reducing SBRA. 

7 hours ago, dydo said:

A final diversification step ahead, BLOK or BLCN. I am more into BLOK. This is not pure blockchain ETF, but something which can grow to be.

I think I would be able to cover all areas of growth and keep one dividend producing REIT for 2018.

Picked up some blcn this morning. That rounds out my growth/emerging markets plays with appx 7% invested

ETF

botz - robotics/AI

mjx = marijuana/medicine

blcn - block chain entry

Stock

mlnlf = Lithium mining

Check out this ETF (they invest in Bitcoin too when it's profitable):  https://ark-funds.com/arkk

Dydo, I don't post often because every time I login I need to reset my password, but thanks again for hosting this.  My only renewable holdings now are SEDG and BEP.  Gold miners began a bull run after the December Fed meeting and half my portfolio are in about a dozen of them recommended by SomaBull on SA.  Also own AMD and XIN - a GEO pick (see SA article).

4 hours ago, SCSolar said:

Picked up some blcn this morning. That rounds out my growth/emerging markets plays with appx 7% invested

ETF

botz - robotics/AI

mjx = marijuana/medicine

blcn - block chain entry

Stock

mlnlf = Lithium mining

Very good set up, and like to see your breakdowns.

My profile shows %, but only exposure to one stock SBRA, which has picked the pieces up today.  BLCN was a bit more expensive for me, but BLOK charges more as it is actively traded, not yearly or quarterly, so it is more than just index follower. I sold KARS as it is too thinly traded at this time.

2 hours ago, PearlGreatPrice said:

Check out this ETF (they invest in Bitcoin too when it's profitable):  https://ark-funds.com/arkk

Dydo, I don't post often because every time I login I need to reset my password, but thanks again for hosting this.  My only renewable holdings now are SEDG and BEP.  Gold miners began a bull run after the December Fed meeting and half my portfolio are in about a dozen of them recommended by SomaBull on SA.  Also own AMD and XIN - a GEO pick (see SA article).

I have no renewables unless you include Yaskawa inverters. I have only one stock REIT, SBRA, and BOTZ for automation and AI, MJX for marijuana and BLOK for blockchain. Try to keep this setup for a bit. BLOK is blockchain, but no cryptocurrencies at this time. I kind of like it as I am not sure what drives. Between the three T ETFs I have exposure to over 100 companies. So far so good. 

Not sure about the password problem. You can login and stay login perhaps this will help?

For those who are looking for China exposure, there are three major ETFs. FIX, PGJ, and KWEB. Shenzhen and Shanghai are well covered by KBA. I still remain interested in KARS.

10 hours ago, dydo said:

For those who are looking for China exposure, there are three major ETFs. FIX, PGJ, and KWEB. Shenzhen and Shanghai are well covered by KBA. I still remain interested in KARS.

The proper ticker is FXI, apologies. I bought that today, it has 50 top, large-cap Chinese blue-chip companies.  No Alibaba but Chinese automakers are present. 

https://www.ishares.com/us/products/239536/ishares-china-largecap-etf

I have exposure to 157 companies via ETF, including NVDA in two of the funds.  I have also SBRA as the REIT. Out of 157, 52 are Chinese.

I am equally balanced in value within 4 holdings at 21%, with FXI being 16%, as of today.

Let's see what that can do.

Heavy pounding on MJX today, still in the money, sold half for gains in the morning.

Added VNQ and PGX, increased stake in FXI on a drop. Cannot hold to equal set up with swings like that.

23 hours ago, dydo said:

I have exposure to 157 companies via ETF, including NVDA in two of the funds.  I have also SBRA as the REIT. Out of 157, 52 are Chinese.

I am equally balanced in value within 4 holdings at 21%, with FXI being 16%, as of today.

Let's see what that can do.

My current portfolio structure:

Income:

FXI ETF Large Cap Chinese Cos. 2.31%  yield

VNQ ETF REITs US-centric 4.2% yield

SBRA - Senior Housing REIT 9.85% yield

PGX ETF Preferred Shares 5.63%

59% of the portfolio at the combined yield of 4.8%

Growth:

BLOK -blockchain/financial

BOTZ- AI and robotics

MJX MJ stocks, there is yield not sure how big

8 hours ago, dydo said:

Heavy pounding on MJX today, still in the money, sold half for gains in the morning.

Added VNQ and PGX, increased stake in FXI on a drop. Cannot hold to equal set up with swings like that.

I think you just experience exactly what I wrote about in my recent strategy post. :) Allocating equal volatility instead equal value improves risk-adjusted return. The resulting total volatility can then be geared to a desired risk level and result in a portfolio with maximized return at ones desired risk level.

Edited by explo

yes, and I find that I can rebalance daily. I have done it with FXI and VNQ. Rebalance MJX with moving in from PGX. Finally capitalized gains with SBRA with VNQ add. 

I bought PSA and HCN today. The undervalued situation seems better than buying index at its high, yikes.

After my couple of weeks of adventures, I have only BOTZ left. First-hand experience, no differentiation, no ability to get granular and find undervalued conditions, lack of analysis to forecast the future on a grand scale. The only reason for BOTZ, I like the sector, and a lot happening in Japan, which BOTZ covers.

Hi Guys; long time no see. I have been out of solar stocks for quite some time and just visited this site again. I thought I give you a tip outside the solar world. Have been investing in GTE (Gran Tierra Energy) for quite some time now (tip on this website) and I think the stock will take off during the next earnings release. This company aquired quite some companies during the low price environment of the last years. The company is linked to Brent pricing and the oil price recovery did not translate to their share yet. This cannot be the case for long.

See also press release of today:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gran-tierra-energy-inc-achieves-001352881.html

Regards,

Luckygoose

Currently in SPG and HCN. Both declared dividends. SPG $1.95 per share and $0.87 for HCN. HCN did not raise the dividend, still, the yield for it is 5.8% and for SPG is 4.7%. Awesome.

For those who are looking at dividend yields and quality REITS, I would recommend, SPG, HCN, VTR, and PSA. However, both PSA and SPG are high priced, and even when returning 4% plus yield, do not offer a lot in case of buying shares with it (for me). I prefer HCN and VTR in those conditions. I sold HCN and bought VTR again, as I hope they will increase already high yield dividend of 5.8%.  HCN has a yield of 6%. I have SBRA as well which pays 9% plus. I think this stock settled by $17. 60 range. I also hope they will increase their dividend to perhaps $0.46 per share.

I am not adding a lot to the solar discussion, but REITs are at the lowest in some 24 to 36 months. I took long and a deep look at the markets and nothing, with exception of utilities, is trading at their lows. Utilities do not have high dividends, and REITs will boom with new infrastructure objectives and money available. Interest rates impact borrowing but check what SPG did with refinancing dropped from 3.6% to 3% average. BTW SPG has a buy at $240 from one of the brokerages, and the stock is trading at $159. Good Luck if you considering anything here. 

I am reading about investing in DQ at the 50s, there are many REITs of blue cheap quality selling at this levels, like HCN and VTR. Retired shareholders are getting kicked out of their investments by stop losses making those prices jokingly low. Now it looks like 5 year low numbers. At 6% dividends, they also offer appreciation 10 to 20%, yes they may not hit 40% return but, they are certainly viable investment vehicles. Good luck to all. 

52 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Why overweight VTR over HCN? Similar yield (HCN fractionally higher), but HCN pays in 3 weeks vs. 2+ months wait for VTR.

I expect VTR pay in March. It is an averaging out for the reason of buying in yesterday and price droping today. I hope for it to increase dividend as well. The price of the stock allows more share buys and in turn adding dividend. 

Different share price is an illusion. Yield is the key. Say investing $10,000 in each stock. One gets a bit more shares in VTR, but HCN pays a bit more per share. When one gets dividend, its fractionally higher in $$ with HCN, hence the question. Simple math.