dydo

Trading Strategy

I have completed my Q1 allocation. My portfolio consists of 10 stocks with equal weight.  The yield is 6.01%

ABBV, T, BRX, GPT, LSI, PEGI, VTR, WPC, DLR, SPG.

On 3/30/2018 at 3:33 AM, explo said:

It has gotten to the point that I am just trading the market using QQQ and QID. I am not really really buying stocks. If there is a 300-400 point swing one way or the other, sell and go the opposite. 

I am still smoothing out the 10 stock set. This morning I flipped T for MRK and SPG for CCI. 

All loaded up on FSLR now and will await the 80s.  

1 hour ago, Mark said:

All loaded up on FSLR now and will await the 80s.  

Good job picking up a winner so far.  I am just afraid that it is a bit lofty.  But, if you think it is a great company, it might get there when/if market rebounces.  Good luck.

20 hours ago, Jetmoney said:

Good job picking up a winner so far.  I am just afraid that it is a bit lofty.  But, if you think it is a great company, it might get there when/if market rebounces.  Good luck.

On a P/E basis, its lofty.  But I'm looking at this as an earnings play.  Q1 earnings will be lousy, they already told us that.  But on the call, I'm thinking they'll have greater vision on the margin expansion moving into 2019 and it'll pop on future earnings growth.

Bought some DQ (very small amount) at 53.83, looking to just snag a couple bucks.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Bought some DQ (very small amount) at 53.83, looking to just snag a couple bucks.

Ok. I also just nibbled a little at $53. 

21 hours ago, Jetmoney said:

Ok. I also just nibbled a little at $53. 

Missed my sell spot.  Hopefully they're soon done dumping all those new shares on a market that doesn't seem terribly interested in absorbing them.  The Chinese ATM.

On 3/26/2016 at 7:56 AM, explo said:

I've calculated the individual return, max drawdown and volatility from the individual stocks asset class and the combined (stock funds and hedge funds together) funds asset classes to see if one of the classes is inferior in its risk adjusted return contribution to the portfolio.

Note that the funds asset classes have 11.5 times higher allocation than the individual stocks, so equal return, max drawdown and volatility performance would mean that the funds contribute 11.5 times more of that to the portfolio than the individual stocks do. If my picks and trading are successful maybe the individual stocks can perform better than the funds.

Note that the individual risk contributions cannot just be summed up or multiplied. The combo is supposed to have better risk properties (from diversification effect) than the sum of parts. For the return the combo equals the parts multiplied.

The strategy description post above has been updated to show these individual contributions.

Just found that my low ball bid of $50.35 was executed.  Just sold all for some profit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

Just found that my low ball bid of $50.35 was executed.  Just sold all for some profit.

Congrats!  I'm gonna add if we crack 52.50 and look to dump at the close.

19 minutes ago, Mark said:

Congrats!  I'm gonna add if we crack 52.50 and look to dump at the close.

Good luck.  DQ is so volatile.  It can go back to $60 in no time, but also can come down to $46.  I don't know which way it will go.  One has to be nimble.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, Jetmoney said:

Good luck.  DQ is so volatile.  It can go back to $60 in no time, but also can come down to $46.  I don't know which way it will go.  One has to be nimble.

I was looking at it today for some time but decided to buy ALB and CELG instead of DQ.   I am having a hard time holding to REITs, I guess I am more of growth investor than dividend one. I had made nice with MRK, kind sorry I sold it.

9 hours ago, dydo said:

I am having a hard time holding to REITs, I guess I am more of growth investor than dividend one

I find the mix great. Some 0% dividend stocks, some 1-3% and some 3%+ ones. The first category is the action stocks, biotech, information tech etc., the mid part could be mature but growing consumption, pharmaceutical, raw materials companies, financial companies and the last part REITs and utilities. Note that within each category of yield vs growth there are different PPS volatility profiles. A raw materials company might have a very cyclic PPS despite decent yield. Pharmaceutical might have very market insulated PPS behaviour. Utilities have extremely low PPS volatility.

Waiting for DQ to crack 52.50 and hold, then I'll add to my position, ride to 55 and sell.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Waiting for DQ to crack 52.50 and hold, then I'll add to my position, ride to 55 and sell.

How do you determine the "hold" part?  It went past $52.5 a few times today.  Did you add?  Good luck either way.

18 hours ago, Jetmoney said:

How do you determine the "hold" part?  It went past $52.5 a few times today.  Did you add?  Good luck either way.

I didn't add yet.  I was actually dealing with my kids during the first lift to 53, so I missed that, but  I wouldn't have bought there anyway as the MACD and RSI weren't looking too promising.  I would imagine I'll add this morning though, as I feel pretty good about this heading back toward 55 from here.  VERY small position though.  I'm all in on FSLR at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Mark said:

I didn't add yet.  I was actually dealing with my kids during the first lift to 53, so I missed that, but  I wouldn't have bought there anyway as the MACD and RSI weren't looking too promising.  I would imagine I'll add this morning though, as I feel pretty good about this heading back toward 55 from here.  VERY small position though.  I'm all in on FSLR at the moment.

Fslr rockets this morning.  Any news out besides spwr buying SolarWorld?  Spwr is also up a lot.  I don’t understand the logic for this stock move.