Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odyd

Trading Strategy

150 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

So, basically when each JKS share get about 2 shares of CSIQ?

Yes but if JKS moves alone to $26 I would likely move some JKS to my other holdings instead. I need CSIQ to become cheaper relative to all my holdings to take it in.

Is there a reason for NYLD drop today?  I cannot find any news besides the ER yesterday.  Is the discount warranted or a good chance to initiate a position?

IR cannot think of anything else.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Is the general consensus now that Q1 earnings are likely to reveal reduced margins, maybe even losses for the CN solars?

I'm thinking about opening new positions today to ride the next week up to SPWR results.  After yesterday's FSLR pop, I'm thinking sentiment is now back to positive.  But we'll see.

On 2017-05-03 at 4:38 PM, explo said:

Half of FSLR moved to JKS. Net effect is then moving all CSIQ to DQ and flipping allocation of FSLR and JKS from double the former to double the latter. I'm hoping to find a good opportunity to move half JKS to CSIQ in the future.

As mentioned in the trading thread this flip from double FSLR to double JKS has now equalized after lucky rides on both double downs. When my broker has compiled the portfolio report tomorrow morning I expect the stocks to be ahead of the funds for the first time in a long while.

JKS is my only solar postion.  I am sitting on a around half of the open interest of the Jan. 19'18 $18 call positons (400 contracts).  How do you trade a solar stock or option when it heats up?  Where do you get off the bus?  I sold some at $5 today (10% of holdings) which was a 200% gain. The crazy thing is $10 is certainly in the realm of possibility if the stock goes to $26. The fundamentals support much higher prices than that.   

What we all love about these stocks are the times when they get really hot.  Only one constant in my book for judging the power of potential moves up. Follow the volume.   If volume increases over the average in a meaningful way, which it has now for JKS going on 4 days, then you have a horse in the race that could make you some serious gains. I ride out the violitiliy. Can't play daily/weekly moves. Pick your price target and hold on...   GLTA

9 hours ago, explo said:

When my broker has compiled the portfolio report tomorrow morning I expect the stocks to be ahead of the funds for the first time in a long while.

This was the case. For the first time since June 23 last year the stocks are ahead of the funds in return since the January 1 portfolio inception last year.

17 hours ago, yomama said:

I ride out the violitiliy. Can't play daily/weekly moves. Pick your price target and hold on...  

To each his own.  I've given up trying to pick price targets, and just trade the daily/weekly volatility.  It makes me wince when I miss a big move up (as I will have sold way too early), and smile when things crater right back to where they came from (because now I have a new opportunity for another small gain).  And as someone else on this forum said recently, these stocks ALWAYS give you an opportunity to buy more at a lower price.

As you say, GLTA!

On 2017-05-25 at 11:23 PM, explo said:

As mentioned in the trading thread this flip from double FSLR to double JKS has now equalized after lucky rides on both double downs. When my broker has compiled the portfolio report tomorrow morning I expect the stocks to be ahead of the funds for the first time in a long while.

As mentioned in the trading thread some FSLR was moved to DQ to split the move from JKS equally to FSLR and DQ. Current allocation: JKS/JASO/DQ/FSLR 30/20/25/25.

FSLR making a nice move on new tariff rumors. It's really been volatile lately. Slapping tariffs on everything imported could really shake things up for those who want to supply and build in US. 

4 minutes ago, Pop2mollys said:

FSLR making a nice move on new tariff rumors. It's really been volatile lately. Slapping tariffs on everything imported could really shake things up for those who want to supply and build in US. 

Yes. Strangely it did not make its big run when Suniva filed the petition but when they reported Q1. After the ITC decision to move forward with the investigation they gained a little but lost some end of last week. Tariffs will likely have positive effect on US imports this year and negative if/when they take effect next year and FSLR is ramping down capacity right now, so I'll just allocate my picks uniformly and trade the disoriented herd this year.