Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odyd

Trading Strategy

118 posts in this topic

Sorry, but nothing makes sense anymore. Selling FSLR for loss with PT of $46 or selling JASO with PT of $8+, while buying JKS with a PT of $28. Because JKS in % terms has the biggest upside to its PT from the current PPS? What happened to previously expressed displeasure with JKS selling Power business on a cheap?

1 hour ago, pg6solar said:

Sorry, but nothing makes sense anymore. Selling FSLR for loss with PT of $46 or selling JASO with PT of $8+, while buying JKS with a PT of $28. Because JKS in % terms has the biggest upside to its PT from the current PPS? What happened to previously expressed displeasure with JKS selling Power business on a cheap?

It was just a small rebalance as I wanted to change my reference price for weight adjustment. It's just a technical thing, not tactical or strategic.

Yes I don't like that they sold their development arm, but they are still highest performer and I don't want to exclude the possibility that they will continue project development and plant ownership but with full stake.

FSLR sell was shares recently bought at same price. I think FSLR timing-wise is a buy here, JKS neutral/buy and JASO a sell just by looking at very recent moves.

22 minutes ago, explo said:

I think FSLR timing-wise is a buy here, JKS neutral/buy and JASO a sell just by looking at very recent moves.

Agree on FSLR (though I'm still waiting for maybe an other 10%) and JASO (started selling my small exposure). I would not buy JKS here over CSIQ at current PPS for both, especially if CSIQ can deliver $4B revenue as guided.

36 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Agree on FSLR (though I'm still waiting for maybe an other 10%) and JASO (started selling my small exposure). I would not buy JKS here over CSIQ at current PPS for both, especially if CSIQ can deliver $4B revenue as guided.

Agree on CSIQ vs JKS being the better tactical buy here, but I already moved all CSIQ to JKS for more strategic reasons. JKS is now a clear leader and lessexpensive than CSIQ. FSLR and JASO was always different profile than the CSIQ and JKS profile. I really like CSIQ with tons of international project assets and pipeline. There are still some uncertainties around it.

Sure CSIQ is more expensive than JKS. Canadian being a true "Canadian" incorporated company with stock shares instead of ADRs on the US exchanges has to count for some thing. FSLR is still significantly more expensive than CN3 combined (even after being booted from S&P), with a lot of risk associated with series 6. 

Edited by pg6solar

4 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Sure CSIQ is more expensive than JKS. Canadian being a true "Canadian" incorporated company with stock shares instead of ADRs on the US exchanges has to count for some thing. FSLR is still significantly more expensive than CN3 combined (even after being booted from S&P), with a lot of risk associated with series 6. 

It depends on whether you look at market cap or enterprise value. The enterprise value of CSIQ is significantly higher than FSLR at the moment. Having net cash instead of net debt puts a floor or at least cushion on PPS.

You hold much more FSLR than CN3 so you must see some reward to match that risk.

Oh No! All my FSLR is in tax free account (the only holding there) from $57 (when it lost 25% last year from $75) and here's zero benefit for me to sell for a loss in that account. If I transfer securities from tax free IRA account to a regular taxable account I can take realized loss but would have to pay tax plus penalty on distribution (US tax code is a bit too complex in this specific case for non-US person. and even for most Americans as well). After they scraped series 5, I would never buy them until $25 the most.

Edited by pg6solar