dydo

Pattern Energy Group Inc. (PEGI)

On 3/1/2018 at 12:01 PM, pg6solar said:

I think PEGI is at levels where some loss on REITs may be warranted.

PG did you buy today? The dividend is 50% greater on PEGI than it is on WELL for the same investment of money. A situation worth monitoring.

I bought more PEGI yesterday (now its about 20% of the portfolio, so I'm done buying it). Today (after buying initial position on er/cc plunge) I was buying more DQ. I still have cash available, but started lightning up on heavy JKS position to raise more cash, but will replenish JKS if it gets back to low $17s.

If things continue to fall, I will free funds from CSIQ since its upside is capped.

DQ is becoming an excellent trading stock and so is JKS. 

Edited by pg6solar

On 3/2/2018 at 3:46 PM, pg6solar said:

I bought more PEGI yesterday (now its about 20% of the portfolio, so I'm done buying it). Today (after buying initial position on er/cc plunge) I was buying more DQ. I still have cash available, but started lightning up on heavy JKS position to raise more cash, but will replenish JKS if it gets back to low $17s.

If things continue to fall, I will free funds from CSIQ since its upside is capped.

DQ is becoming an excellent trading stock and so is JKS. 

PG, do you still have DQ? or was it just a short term trade?

It looks attractive now after the drop from $72.  I am thinking of nibbling some here around $45.  What do you think?

I do, but am trying to keep at only around 5% of the portfolio. When it deeps, I increase exposure to 10%, then when rips reduce back to 5%.

3 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

I do, but am trying to keep at only around 5% of the portfolio. When it deeps, I increase exposure to 10%, then when rips reduce back to 5%.

Thank you.  The past week, if you did what you said, you would have profited quite a bit from these big swings.  I was tempted a few times, but did not feel comfortable until under $45 (just in case I get stuck holding it).  I will start a small position (like 5%) around $45 and will add around low $43 if it gets there.  I will probably take profit with 5% gain or so.

I bought PEGI on Friday for WELL. 50% more dividend and the price was getting up.  healthcare REITs very violent. 

GS upholds $22 for PEGI, and the stock drops, naturally.

In March, BMO Capital lowered PEGI price to $24 form $26. GS held the view of $22 and buy. Macquarie increased the price to $22 from 17.5. I did not know that someone had such low target. Williams Capital had downgraded PEGI to $19 from buy to hold, while the stock was at $17. 

I like that they entered Japanese market and the solar plants. I expected a bit more on the tax impact and did not see it. Japanese contribution will be interesting to see as they produce higher rates of course. I do not see changes to dividend size but an increase of CAFD, for now, will be good for the company.