Sign in to follow this  
dydo

NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NEP)

NextEra E Partners are getting a cash chest, $550M in preferred shares and $300M in convertible debt.  That could get $4B worth of projects.

36 minutes ago, SCSolar said:

Do you recall any solar companies that have ever vested their convertible options?

I saw Trina use calls to hedge their convertible, I probably do not understand what you mean so please explain your question.

Hi Robert, just wondering any thoughts on why the 2% drop yesterday? Delayed reaction to Irma?? Any news of big plant damage?  Or via concern for FPL component of  NEE?? good buying opportunity as I see it. News of prompt closure of $300m issue should be good news? Any ideas?. 

4 hours ago, heliostat said:

Hi Robert, just wondering any thoughts on why the 2% drop yesterday? Delayed reaction to Irma?? Any news of big plant damage?  Or via concern for FPL component of  NEE?? good buying opportunity as I see it. News of prompt closure of $300m issue should be good news? Any ideas?. 

Not sure what can it be. I am not aware of big damages. I think it is a slow reaction to convertible discount. I share the view it is a buying opportunity

1 hour ago, heliostat said:

Just saw another raising $1.1Billion from NEP - something big coming I wonder.

sounds like a refinancing

You are right , sorry for getting carried away without reading it in more depth.

BTW One of the reasons I have not held NEE is their exposure to Florida climate change events /sea level etc (despite FPL appearing v positive  based on annual NEE reports) and the market sentiment as you have pointed out earlier linking  yieldco and yieldco parents .  This may be a bit esoteric at this point but a potential  longer term concern. That said tipping points of investor /public concern may occur unexpectedly (eg solar run up from ~2007 , before crash 2012).  I wonder if this connection to florida indirectly for NEP (real or imagined) will become less important for NEP over time as its scale grows?  If it dips I would see it as buying opportunity, same with SUNIVA . How do you see Suniva playing out for yieldcos currently?

Edited by heliostat
clarity