Sign in to follow this  
odyd

NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NEP)

odyd    1,380
3 hours ago, sunnypease said:

https://www.pv-tech.org/news/sub-3-solar-in-arizona-marks-us-lowest-price-for-solar-pv-to-date

3 cents solar in arizona from NEP.  Can it earn dividend money & still grow with rates like that?

I think the sponsor and Resource are the builders and sellers in reverse. NEP does not have this asset. However, 100MW of solar will have added 100MW of wind. The PPA is for 2019.

One learning, profit loss analysis must include module prices not having tariffs, or already they are stock piled.

odyd    1,380

NEP has turned into a great stock and I sold it at $34, recommended it at $30. 

odyd    1,380

From the conference call as per PV-Tech

"Not surprisingly, NextEra Energy Partners management were asked by financial analysts as to the impact the latest ITC case would have on its PV pipeline. 

Management noted that PV module manufacturers did not want to give up on the US solar market and therefore would figure out ways to support the US market. Management also noted that any actions by module suppliers would of course take a little time to be implement but NextEra was not worried about the long-term implications of any ITC case.

The inference from NextEra management response is that PV module manufacturers such as JinkoSolar and Hanwha Q CELLS, both having been major module suppliers to NextEra would be considering the location of manufacturing operations in the US to circumvent any new import rulings that would raise module prices. "

https://www.pv-tech.org/news/nextera-energy-and-fpl-keep-adding-to-solar-project-pipeline-in-us-despite

heliostat    2

I wanted to thank you Robert as your articles on SA really introduced me to NEP which is now a key holding. Not as exciting in the short term as the panel makers - but after some previous experiences I'm OK with that :-)