Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Enphase Energy, Inc (ENPH)

Anyone following this company? Traded in low teens beginning of this year and now in low single digits. 

Q3 ER: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/enphase-energy-reports-financial-results-210500090.html

Entering price war to retain market share: http://www.pv-tech.org/news/enphase_entering_price_war_as_sales_growth_slows_and_competition_heats_up

More here: http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/enphase-cuts-prices-by-19-to-alleviate-weak-q3-sales-growth_100021871/#axzz3qX68vbMK

This price war between ENPH and SEDG is not good for them, but good for developers/installers and maybe for panel makers (system cost is pressured in other part of value-chain).

Recently I took a position in ENPH and I'm planning to add to it. Enphase is not just inverters but Storage and I think their lowering price on inverters while still making a mid twenties margin in Q4 with plans to increase GM through cost reduction they plan to be back in a range of 30-35% GM. They are aggressive and they are unlike SEDG where all they do are inverters and optimizers. I think lowering the micro-inverter that they make may be in part about being competitive but more about broadening market share which gives them a broader market to showcase and sell their Storage to.

Edited by Julyw
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, odyd said:

I moved this company to the bankrupt section.

Did they declare bankruptcy?

2 hours ago, sunnypease said:

Did they declare bankruptcy?

No, they did not, nor YGE did. It is to warn others this is not worth their money.

The stock made a comeback, however, I do not think it is worth to be in it for a long haul. I restored the forum, for those who plan to discuss it.

Does anyone here own Enphase? I have been following it for a bit and am thinking about a position. I have been hearing lots of good things. Any thoughts about the company and prospects moving forward?

Yes, I own it, although as is in keeping with my current investing strategy, strictly as a trading vehicle (I no longer do buy-and-hold with solars).

Prospects seem to be good.  They're borderline profitable now, and expected to become more so, slowly and gradually, the same way as RUN (another one I own/trade).  Also, and of key importance to me, they have been fairly volatile recently (although that stopped a few days ago).  That allows me multiple opportunities to buy small lots (relatively) low and sell (relatively) high in a short time frame (movement of 20c+).

Finally, their CEO recently made some comments that hint at an earnings surprise.  While there are never any guarantees in solarland, it would surprise me greatly if their stock price would collapse again.

They (along with RUN) should make more and more money as the solar market continues to expand in the future.  No one can predict the rate of that expansion, but I think it WILL expand.  As such, I'd say they're a solid choice in the solar space, even for buy-and-hold.

2 hours ago, solarpete said:

Yes, I own it, although as is in keeping with my current investing strategy, strictly as a trading vehicle (I no longer do buy-and-hold with solars).

Prospects seem to be good.  They're borderline profitable now, and expected to become more so, slowly and gradually, the same way as RUN (another one I own/trade).  Also, and of key importance to me, they have been fairly volatile recently (although that stopped a few days ago).  That allows me multiple opportunities to buy small lots (relatively) low and sell (relatively) high in a short time frame (movement of 20c+).

Finally, their CEO recently made some comments that hint at an earnings surprise.  While there are never any guarantees in solarland, it would surprise me greatly if their stock price would collapse again.

They (along with RUN) should make more and more money as the solar market continues to expand in the future.  No one can predict the rate of that expansion, but I think it WILL expand.  As such, I'd say they're a solid choice in the solar space, even for buy-and-hold.

Thanks for your reply. I did see the CEO recent comments about their stock price going to the moon. That made me laugh.

ENPH single-handedly making up for rest of solar investments I have ever made.  They're more than on their way back.  They have far better tech than SEDG, who has most of the inverter market and their costs are dropping.

Getting slammed the past few days.  Comments by Prescience Point Capital Management are tanking it. Such a scam that stuff like that is legal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, singular said:

Getting slammed the past few days.  Comments by Prescience Point Capital Management are tanking it. Such a scam that stuff like that is legal.

From Yahoo: 52 Week Range 0.76 - 7.60

It was recently at the high of that range A tenbagger in less than a year seems like a quick gain of altitude. Maybe a breather at less thin air was needed. If you bought at the 52 week low you're still up more than 700%. Beware of "greed" - the evil companion of "quick success".