odyd

TerraForm Global (GLBL)

258 posts in this topic

Stock can now be traded only in nickel increments and absent volume is just noise.

As soon as I posted above, I see the release of their Q1 results...for 2016. 

Edited by pg6solar

Looks like GLBL and TERP are close to announcing something.   TERP gave a mid-January deadline for additional bids to come in a while back. 

On yesterday's call, GLBL basically said things are on hold until they decide on "strategic alternatives" and that this month, they "will consider bids received."  Pretty clear -- multiple bids on the table.  This is the first official word we have heard publicly regarding GLBL and suitors.  Makes sense that the stock is jumping yesterday and today. We may get word by the end of this week and certainly before the end of the month (same with TERP).

Brookfield reports 12.12% stake in TerraForm Power, submits deal proposals Brookfield Asset Management (BAM), which holds a 12.12% active interest in TerraForm Power (TERP), said in a regulatory filing that, on January 9, it submitted alternative proposals to the Issuer's advisors with respect to a potential transaction involving Brookfield and the Issuer. The proposals are the following: Brookfield would purchase 100% of the company; Brookfield would purchase 100% of TerraForm Power and TerraForm Global (GLBL); or Brookfield would replace SunEdison (SUNEQ) as sponsor and controlling shareholder of TerraForm Power; or Brookfield would replace SunEdison as sponsor and controlling shareholder of TerraForm Power and TerraForm Global. In the Whole Company Transaction, Brookfield would acquire all outstanding shares of the Issuer for $11.50 per share in cash, subject to adjustment in respect of certain specified contingencies. All Class B shares of the Issuer and Class B units of TerraForm Power, LLC held by SunEdison would be exchanged for Class A Shares immediately prior to consummation of the transaction and, as so exchanged, would receive the same consideration as all other holders of Class A Shares of the company. In a Double Sponsorship Transaction, Brookfield would be willing to offer incremental aggregate consideration based on a pre-transaction equity value of TerraForm Power of $1.8B, which would represent a pre-transaction value per share of $12.50.

People forget that buyer is offering a price to SUNE not buying it from the market, they want to gain on transaction, it does not mean TERP is only worth 12.50

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

GLBL and Brookfield -- agree to negotiate exclusively on several proposed buyout/sponsor scenarios.  Stock soared briefly pre-market, but settled quickly.

There seem to be a price detail for GLBL, s I assume price for TERP is the same, sounds like they would take GLBL of the market l, or they are ready to, TERP would be sponsored. Did I get it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk