dydo

TerraForm Power, Inc. (TERP)

The transaction is to buy all A class from everyone and replace them with A class shares. If one chose no election they are likely to end up with shares as long as Brookfield gets its ownership percentage.  October 16th is the transaction day for TERP

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/16962285-terraform-power-announces-merger-sponsorship-transaction-brookfield-close-october-16-2017

9.52 plus 1.94 that is only 11.46, I am not sure to this day why the stock is over 13.

On 7.10.2017 at 6:36 PM, dydo said:

9.52 plus 1.94 that is only 11.46, I am not sure to this day why the stock is over 13.

Maybe hope, that new class A shares will be worth more?

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:34 AM, dydo said:

The transaction is to buy all A class from everyone and replace them with A class shares. If one chose no election they are likely to end up with shares as long as Brookfield gets its ownership percentage.  October 16th is the transaction day for TERP

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/16962285-terraform-power-announces-merger-sponsorship-transaction-brookfield-close-october-16-2017

I still haven't received any communication from Ameritrade about any election I need to make for the shares I hold.  Strange.  Think I'll call them in the next few days just to make sure I can hold my shares.

got 100% share and no cash as elected:

2017-10-12, 19:45:00 TERP(US88104R1005) Tendered to US88STKR9024 1 FOR 1 (TERP, TERRAFORM POWER INC - A, 88104R100)
2017-10-12, 19:45:00 TERP(US88104R1005) Tendered to US88STKR9024 1 FOR 1 (TERP.STK, TERRAFORM POWER INC - A - TENDER FOR STOCK, 88STKR902)

So I called Ameritrade and confirmed with them that they had not attempted to contact me.  They said since this was a "voluntary" election, it was up to me to contact them.  Voluntary, my foot--the old shares are going away, and there's no way to keep them.  So shareholders HAVE to do something.  And if I hadn't contacted them, I could have received any of the options--shares, cash, or a combination.  There was no single default.  Can't say I'm impressed with their customer service here--if I hadn't been up on this news through this forum, who knows what I would have gotten.  Anyway, no harm done, though--I gave them instructions to exchange the old shares for new shares, and today it looks like they've done that.

Now let's hope TERP finally flourishes.  If they're getting bought for $9.50 (OK, plus a $2 dividend), you can bet those folks think they're actually worth 18.

new old TERP, $0.72 per share dividend in 2018.

TERP will pay $0.72 per share for 2018. The company has148M shares and it is worth $1.7B market cap. It has over 2.6GW of projects versus 0.57GW of projects CAFD has.  It has also $692M in cash.  CAFD has $1.3B market cap. CAFD price would be $370M on assets only. However, $600M cash, take that out and CAFD is worth as much as TERP.  So overpriced.

http://www.terraformpower.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=253464&p=irol-calendar

why are all my quote sources misreporting the TERP price increase today by over ~$1/sh? *edit* Actually closer to $2/sh...

Edited by disdaniel

51 minutes ago, disdaniel said:

why are all my quote sources misreporting the TERP price increase today by over ~$1/sh? *edit* Actually closer to $2/sh...

Up $3.5 now.  Impressive in the face of solar weakness.