dydo

TerraForm Power, Inc. (TERP)

solarpete    49
1 hour ago, slowtrader said:

But the price is above the brookfield offer of 12

True, but is the Brookfield offer for all outstanding shares?  I thought it was only for a percentage, so this will not be a forced buyout of all retail shares.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

dydo    1,423
45 minutes ago, solarpete said:

True, but is the Brookfield offer for all outstanding shares?  I thought it was only for a percentage, so this will not be a forced buyout of all retail shares.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

I think Brookfield is only investing in TERP by buying SUNEQ shares. As with CAFD, B shares are less valuable than ones on the public markets.

solarpete    49

That's what I thought--that Brookfield is only buying the TERP shares held by SUNEQ.  Once that sale finally goes through, at whatever price, I look for the retail shares to increase.  Maybe not much, but some, just based on the increased certainty in the future of the company.

slowtrader    2

Brookfield will buy 51% of TERP, but, as SUNEQ has less than that, part of common will also be converted to cash.

solarpete    49

Interesting.  Thanks for the link!

But these details apply only to Class A shares.  I presume that means the common stock I bought is unaffected?

slowtrader    2
6 hours ago, solarpete said:

Interesting.  Thanks for the link!

But these details apply only to Class A shares.  I presume that means the common stock I bought is unaffected?

I think Class A are common and Class B the ones owned by SUNEQ, which will be converted to Class A in this transaction.

solarpete    49

In that case, I suppose I should expect communication from my broker as to whether I want the cash or keep the shares (and since I bought at a higher price, I'll keep the shares).  Haven't heard anything yet, though.  In any case, I like the sound of that special dividend!

dydo    1,423

They are buying the interest from SUNEQ not public.