Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Atlantica Yield plc (ABY)

So ABY decides in 6 months what the dividend for the year will be ($1.45 or $1.80 or in between) and then pays it over 2 quarters?  Trying to understand

31 minutes ago, saush11 said:

Explo,

What are your views on the results ?

I have been to busy to digest it, but delaying dividend decision due to asset impairment and sponsor problems doesn't have a nice ring. Still I'm sticking with this one and regret that I was to busy to catch it on the early dip. I'm adding a buy order at the LOD in case it revisits it during the week.

Unlike the SUNE yieldcos Moody's think that ABY is separated from parent and thus not affected by downgrade in parent's credit rating. In the case of weak parent I think this is the best path for both parents and yieldcos.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-04/abengoa-yield-insulated-from-potential-bankruptcy-of-founder

I haven't found the report.

Four of ABY's solar plants still have cross default clauses, which is why there is still some dividend uncertainty.

5 hours ago, explo said:

Regarding Abengoa analogy it now looks like there is a good chance that it will be saved by creditors. The proposed deal is that creditors get 95% of the company (i.e. causing 95% dilution) to save it by eliminating some old debt in debt-to-equity swap and infusion of cash through new fresh debt with equity as the price to get that fresh debt.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/abengoa-agrees-draft-rescue-race-082935306.html

ABY is trading up on this news (ABGB is down).

Algonquin is looking to buy out Abengoa stake in ABY, why is CAFD not being sold? Why is Canadian Solar not announcing sales of the US plants in the environment that assets as sought? Is it because they want a better price?

http://www.rechargenews.com/solar/1313500/canadas-algonquin-bids-for-atlantica-yield-stake-report