Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Solar Investors Thread

On 12/27/2016 at 4:01 PM, dydo said:

Hello,

This thread is to recognize those members who have donated money to keep as a float,

Big thank you goes on behalf of the forum to:

1. @saush11  $250 CAD

2. @SolarRoof  $200 CAD

3. @Jetmoney $100 CAD

4. @jasondc $50 CAD

Sorry Jet for noticing the donation late. I appreciate your contribution, thank you on behalf of the site and all members.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:01 PM, dydo said:

Hello,

This thread is to recognize those members who have donated money to keep as a float,

Big thank you goes on behalf of the forum to:

1. @saush11  $250 

2. @SolarRoof  $200 

3. @Mark $165

4. @Jetmoney $100

5. @jasondc $50

Thank you for your donation Mark, greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the additional donation, Mark, greatly appreciated.

Before solar, I was invested in biotech. I have bought recently a number of biotech companies. As one running a forum on solar, of course, immediately I thought about running one for biotech. Anyone here interested in biotech, and would you have an interest in such a forum? I looked around did not see a lot. SA and Yahoo have people posting. 

Feedback anyone?

Robert,

I just saw the shutdown notice you posted at the top of the page.  I'm sorry to reply here, but I can't seem to find another way to reply (the Forum Admin subforum is shut down, I can't start a New Topic, and there is no Reply to This Topic link for many other forums).

First, THANK YOU for all the years of effort, in both time and money, you've invested in providing this MOST VALUABLE discussion resource.  I have learned so much from the members here, and I truly enjoy the civilized tone.

May I ask what drove you to this decision?  Is it only money (I'm certainly willing to contribute to keep the forum open), or do you find it not worth your time commitment anymore?  If the latter, I certainly understand.  But if it's the former, I'm sure many of us would be willing to help out.

Thanks for any information you're willing to share.

Respectfully,

solarpete

Not a big deal, but the donate button was not used a single time since July, but once, by me.

If anyone is interested to contribute, there is a follow-schedule. $100 in May 2019 is required to pay for a year of SSL certification. this repeats yearly. Starting 2020 August, $20 per month is needed for hosting. 

I would appreciate anyone's help to keep the site going. However, if no contributions are made by May 2019, I am really out and August 2020 is the end of the solar journey. Thanks and all the best investing. 

I made a donation now. Sorry that I did not come around to it before. After I did it I noticed that it was on the same day as I became a member. This is my six year anniversary as SPVI member.

35 minutes ago, explo said:

I made a donation now. Sorry that I did not come around to it before. After I did it I noticed that it was on the same day as I became a member. This is my six year anniversary as SPVI member.

Thank you Explo, you have always rescued SPVI from its financial crisis and you have been always one of first if not first among a handful of faithful. The donation will keep us going.

Does anyone know if Contrarian Investor site is done? I just checked and it seems to be down.

Expired SSL certificate caused the security risk message. Site is now restored. 

Thanks 

• Thanks 2

Hi all,

A site update for all the members.

August 11, 2020, the current hosting plan expires. I have checked around and the plan with current provider is about $20 per month, including SSL certificate, a $100 value a year. The plan price is a 41% discount for 36 months, as of today. There is also a $70 for backup for the same period.  

Anyways the total including tax is about $800 Canadian and I am asking for collection today, a year ahead of the deadline. This is about $600 US. Donations button is available and can be used for this purpose I will update sparingly when a donation is received. Sometimes PayPal fails to deliver the message upon deposit, so send me a message or reply to this, if you make one.

Thank you for your support and have a great year of trading and enjoyable discussions

Thank you we just received $135 minus 5.30 charge or 129.70.  670.7 left,

thank you

We have collected $225.70 to date,  $574.30 ( after PP fees) remains to be collected. Thank you to the contributors for keeping us running. 

We just received a substantial $200 contribution. After fees we have currently $418 donated, and balance of $382

Thank you all for your contributions, 

we have received additional $50, after fees, we have $334.15 left to cover, and total donated is $465.85

Hi all, we are looking for the $334 to support 2 years of hosting  please consider it, to make us going. Thank you to all who has donated $466 in total. 

We have received additional $121.80 (after fees). The total collected is $587.65, leaving $212.35 for our overall goal.

Once again, thank you to all who have donated to the cause.

Hi all,

delayed thank you for another contribution received recently, overall we are about $164.50 from achieving our goal for hosting costs' based on my estimate. The renewal is in August 2020, so still plenty of time, to make a donation.

All the best

Sign in to follow this