Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Solar Investors Thread

Hello all,

While the solar has proven to be tough to predict this year, the forum is moving toward a free environment.

First, with the exception of Trading access at $20 per year, all other forums are open.

Second, those who post over 200 posts in the lifetime of their membership will gain access to all forums, including paid one.

Third everyone with over 2000 posts is a lifetime member, a name change for those who have made most contribution to show appreciation.

In this dramatic move to free forum, the forum has lost revenue to support itself from the large portion of the membership, since all above will have free access. For those who has shown the care in the past and wanted to continue to support SPVI, I have created a donation page.

http://solarpvinvestor.com/clients/donations/

You can also click the block showing total donations, to have an opportunity to donate.

be aware that payments made toward Trading access will be applied to the goal, to lower the total amount.

Thank you and all the best in exchanging ideas

Every time we have the upgrade of the site, the selection of stocks gets confused especially with not having selection made. You may want to review your selections and update accordingly.

If you have a moment please update the holdings in your profile.

Changing in the list causes allocation of stocks, which is not accurate.

Hello All,

As the new year comes upon us, there are a couple of changes moving forward about the forum.

As you know, I tried to make the site as free as possible without the need to pay out of pocket costs. I wanted to attract interest and by doing so perhaps gain advertising income.

Well, it did not work as I planned. 2017/2018 August will be a year of transition. I will pay for 2017/2018 from the current fees, and residual of the income SPVInvestor received in the past as well as my contribution. The site once more will become completely free to anyone in all threads as of today, as long as they are registered. 

To keep the site going we will rely on donations. The link below leads to the area to donate; I also posted all over results of donating. Those donations will keep us online for 2018/2019 if we do not generate enough, the site will close. Hopefully, six years online will not go away due to lack of funding.  I will still cover for any software updates and cost of usage, plus I will contribute any SA income for the site purpose. 

Thank you for your support

http://solarpvinvestor.com/clients/donations/

Hello,

This thread is to recognize those members who have donated money to keep as a float,

Big thank you goes on behalf of the forum to:

1. @saush11  $250 

2. @SolarRoof  $200 

3. @Mark $165

4. @Jetmoney $100

5. @jasondc $50

Thank you for your donation Mark, greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

I just registered the domain solarpvinvestor.com till 2021.

I have also covered the payment for 2018 July.

Finally, I have renegotiated the cost till 2020 or the price of one year now covering two years.

Hosting got cheaper on the market.

Donations can be made at Paypal at amounts you wish. The cost is in Canadian dollars.

https://solarpvinvestor.com/clients/donations/

On 2016-12-27 at 4:01 PM, odyd said:

Hello,

This thread is to recognize those members who have donated money to keep as a float,

1. @saush11  $250 CAD

2. @SolarRoof  $200 CAD

3. @jasondc $50 CAD

Thank you for your donation Jasondc

Apology to users of Tapatalk but I have decided to uninstall this product.

Thanks

In place of the Tapatalk, the forum has an own interface.  So it should fine access on your mobile devices.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:01 PM, dydo said:

Hello,

1. @saush11  $250 CAD

2. @SolarRoof  $200 CAD

3. @Jetmoney $100 CAD

4. @jasondc $50 CAD

Sorry Jet for noticing the donation late. I appreciate your contribution, thank you on behalf of the site and all members.

On 12/27/2016 at 4:01 PM, dydo said:

Hello,

1. @saush11  $250 

2. @SolarRoof  $200 

3. @Mark $165

4. @Jetmoney $100

5. @jasondc $50

Thank you for your donation Mark, greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the additional donation, Mark, greatly appreciated.

Before solar, I was invested in biotech. I have bought recently a number of biotech companies. As one running a forum on solar, of course, immediately I thought about running one for biotech. Anyone here interested in biotech, and would you have an interest in such a forum? I looked around did not see a lot. SA and Yahoo have people posting. 

Feedback anyone?

Robert,

I just saw the shutdown notice you posted at the top of the page.  I'm sorry to reply here, but I can't seem to find another way to reply (the Forum Admin subforum is shut down, I can't start a New Topic, and there is no Reply to This Topic link for many other forums).

First, THANK YOU for all the years of effort, in both time and money, you've invested in providing this MOST VALUABLE discussion resource.  I have learned so much from the members here, and I truly enjoy the civilized tone.

May I ask what drove you to this decision?  Is it only money (I'm certainly willing to contribute to keep the forum open), or do you find it not worth your time commitment anymore?  If the latter, I certainly understand.  But if it's the former, I'm sure many of us would be willing to help out.

Thanks for any information you're willing to share.

Respectfully,

solarpete

Not a big deal, but the donate button was not used a single time since July, but once, by me.

If anyone is interested to contribute, there is a follow-schedule. $100 in May 2019 is required to pay for a year of SSL certification. this repeats yearly. Starting 2020 August, $20 per month is needed for hosting. 

I would appreciate anyone's help to keep the site going. However, if no contributions are made by May 2019, I am really out and August 2020 is the end of the solar journey. Thanks and all the best investing. 

I made a donation now. Sorry that I did not come around to it before. After I did it I noticed that it was on the same day as I became a member. This is my six year anniversary as SPVI member.

35 minutes ago, explo said:

I made a donation now. Sorry that I did not come around to it before. After I did it I noticed that it was on the same day as I became a member. This is my six year anniversary as SPVI member.

Thank you Explo, you have always rescued SPVI from its financial crisis and you have been always one of first if not first among a handful of faithful. The donation will keep us going.

Sign in to follow this