Sign in to follow this  
explo

Income and Balance-Explo's Thread

Guest larryvand

Somebody had mentioned that these are only ask offers and it does not mean that trades went through at that price. Can anyone with more information can put some more color to what it is that we are looking here? Are these just price ask offers or are these trades? And if they are price offers, where are the bids to go along with the asks?

Somebody had mentioned that these are only ask offers and it does not mean that trades went through at that price. Can anyone with more information can put some more color to what it is that we are looking here? Are these just price ask offers or are these trades? And if they are price offers, where are the bids to go along with the asks?

Larry it's tough to calculate an accurate figure bases on spot prices but it seems like this sight is the earliest indicator of where poly is heading. Last week spot prices spiked on pvinsights right after spot spiked on this new site. Looks like there is a couple day lag time on pvinsights. So when you cross check it it seems to be very accurate and actually the earliest indicator we have. Expect another spike in poly this week....

Guest eysteinh

Your looking at data from 100ppi.com. Your looking at trade ask offers not went through deals. The trade offers are valid for 3 days. The bids you have to be login to get I think. Hope that gives some color.

Guest eysteinh

Wow pop2. It is getting to the trade levels of 100ppi.com. I am speechless. And the article mentiones future prices of up to 200 yuan per kg. (thats around 32.1$/kg). God I wish I had more cash at hand. I want to get into Renesola also apart form my REC stock.

Wow pop2. It is getting to the trade levels of 100ppi.com. I am speechless. And the article mentiones future prices of up to 200 yuan per kg. (thats around 32.1$/kg). God I wish I had more cash at hand. I want to get into Renesola also apart form my REC stock.

Wait are you sure it's 32.1/kg? For some reason I thought that if poly jumped another 50% according to this article that would put it around 26 because current average on pvinsights is 17 ish... Unless it is behind on spot pricing....

Guest eysteinh

Thanks guys, I am just happy to see the prices are up. I have to say a lot of people contribute with a lot of insight on this site. I am glad I came to my senses and stayed.

Excerpt from data... Polysilicon prices experience great increase this week. The still under review Chinese anti-dumping and countervailing investigation against polysilicon import from the US, EU, and Korea continues adding momentum for the price uptrend of 2nd grade polysilicon in China. On the other hand, despite limited transaction in the spot for PV grade polysilicon, PV poly makers continue raising their prices to similar price levels of 2nd grade polysilicon. As a result, price gap between PV and 2nd grade poly is narrowed with their strong price performances. Price of multi wafers moderately improves this week. With rising polysilicon prices adding to wafer production costs, wafer price increases to reflect the added cost. On the other hand, mono wafers experience greater price increase this week as their demand continues to improve especially from the booming Japanese market. Prices of both multi and mono cells increase greatly this week. The good downstream demand from China, Japan, and Germany drives up cell demand and their prices. Module prices increase moderately this week. Good system demand from Japan continues while PV installation in Europe is recovering especially in Germany. Along with solid installation demand from China, overall system demand is still improving. However, decreasing system prices still put pressure on module prices despite booming demand. As a result, module prices only experience moderate increase this week."

Guest larryvand

WOW!! So my prediction for $20+ by end of March is on track. April-June quarter is shaping up to be a blockbuster quarter for those with internal poly production in the teens.

Guest Klothilde

...for those with internal poly production in the teens.

I wonder who that might be... :)

Guest Toadiac

March 6, 201308:40 EDTPosted ImageTSLTrina Solar upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at Raymond James

Raymond upgraded shares based on balanced risk/reward.

March 6, 201308:40 EDTPosted ImageSTPSuntech upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform at Raymond James

Raymond upgraded shares based on balanced risk/reward. Also FSLR and SPWR upgraded. to Market perform :)

Something else is spiking: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-06/rec-climbs-most-in-three-months-after-jump-in-polysilicon-prices.html http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=REC.OL Had I known that REC traded with this strong correlation to what PV insights posts, then a speculative buy would be in order. Not sure if poly plant owners listed in US will trade the same way.

REC spiked right after those pvinsight numbers were released at 4.15AM... That is the biggest jump in spot prices across the board we have seen in a long time. Get ready for the next solar bull market

Guest Klothilde

Holy crap, almost 40% spike in two days. But I guess the word must be out that pvinsights price swings can be forecasted based on ppi100 trade data, what do think? Anyway it is amazing that pvinsights price data can trigger a market cap increase in the order of zillions!