Guest JulyWebb

SolarCity (SCTY)

57 posts in this topic

The only thing I can get out of the release is 67% growth in 2014 (low end guidance).  $6B evaluation is certainly built on a future results here, not my type of the investment, but I care for volume guidance, which is pretty good.

The only thing I can get out of the release is 67% growth in 2014 (low end guidance).  $6B evaluation is certainly built on a future results here, not my type of the investment, but I care for volume guidance, which is pretty good.

Agree. Q4 revenues rose 87% to .... $47M. Wow, really? Q4 EPS expectations ,,,(.55). That's "earnings". Just under $80 stock with that valuation and "earnings". Who knows, they may not even be around to realize all that baked in "grows". Why are we even spending time on it here?   

Agree. Q4 revenues rose 87% to .... $47M. Wow, really? Q4 EPS expectations ,,,(.55). That's "earnings". Just under $80 stock with that valuation and "earnings". Who knows, they may not even be around to realize all that baked in "grows". Why are we even spending time on it here?   

Instead of bashing a "rich" valuation, wish a higher valuation for your stocks (that are indeed making money now).  Personally, I hope there comes even a brief time of irrationality and SCTY going to the freaking moon is good for the winners.  They will be around but may end up with a large forward PE.  Having them make our winners look cheap is fine with me.

As per TD  (the only place I can see 2015 estimates):  SCTY has a forward (2015) PE of 80 on the highest estimate for that year which is $0.95.   According to TD, no one has them anywhere close to a profit in 2014 and consensus for 2015 is indeed a loss @ ($0.90)