Guest Klothilde

First Solar (FSLR)

1,145 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, explo said:

That's based on the market price and production cost for the S4 panels they shipped in the Q1.

The gross margin of our component segment was 26% in Q1 compared to 13% in the prior quarter. The sequential increase here was primarily due to the impact of certain charges associated with our project impairments in Q4.

They have impaired the asset for the entire year accounting for ASP drop. this is why it is up. For the year it was 11% low now it is 12.5%. They are back to original guidance as they see perhaps price stabilization. 

They are profitable by way of impairments, as I have said all along and carefully guiding loss at one end. Artificially prompted on accounting and artificially prompted by trade petition. I do not care what they say, it is what analysts say. They are so humble, as they took an advantage of 4 years of tariffs in the US. 

The settlement with customer made a profit. $3.3B business, All Chinese companies on the market, literally all are worth less than this fiction.

37 minutes ago, explo said:

So when we came out with our original guidance in November last year and then updated in February, we're seeing a significant change in how we are perceiving the value of our assets since that time based on feedback we've been getting from the market

A quote like that will be sure to move FSLR & SPWR up.  We've known that CSIQ has been building plants.  I'm looking over SPWR's press releases from the past few months & seeing which of those plants they started were new & which were already planned.  

SPWR would announce any new deals they signed via a press release, no?

30 minutes ago, odyd said:

The settlement with customer made a profit. $3.3B business, All Chinese companies on the market, literally all are worth less than this fiction.

I agree with you completely Robert.  FSLR seems heavy on the promotion and story -- which might be a good thing, if series 6 is real.  They are doing their marketing with every CC. 

I'm just pointing out that several of us closed off CSIQ & CN solars because of the petition.  Now the focus is on FSLR's "beat".  And maybe these few positive words about the state of large scale solar may change the mood from negative to positive.

Today, futures point down.  I hope that CSIQ & the CN solars lose their initial bump up & then I will go long again for the next week leading up to SPWR.