Jump to content
explo

JinkoSolar (JKS)

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Yes, however this is very disrespectful of shareholders.  Many people have hung in there, waiting for a long time for them to sell off projects so equity can go up and the share price as well.  Now that the company is almost there he cannot just pull the plug.  It's like a breach of trust.  You know what I'm saying?

There is no breach of trust. The risks of conflicts with the Chairmen of CN companies has always been clearly identified in the 20F. 

 

Our founder, Dr. Shawn Qu, has substantial influence over our company and his interests may not be aligned with the interests of our other shareholders.

        As of March 31, 2017, Dr. Shawn Qu, our founder, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, beneficially owned 13,649,339 common shares, or 23.5% of our outstanding shares. As a result, Dr. Qu has substantial influence over our business, including decisions regarding mergers and acquisition, consolidations and the sale of all or substantially all of our assets, the election of directors and other significant corporate actions. This concentration of ownership may discourage, delay or prevent a change in control of our company, which could deprive our other shareholders of an opportunity to receive a premium for their shares as part of a sale of our company and might reduce the price of our common shares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess he did not like the way his company was valued so he wants to take it away and get to the point he can make more. I am not sure if he is disrespectful. If I owned 13m shares and all I got the garbage rollercoaster every quarter perhaps I would think how to make more from value I created. He is the largest shareholder. Take it away. I wish the market paid 26 per share in May but he wants now take this to someone else so I see he will hurry. The price did not even bother to hit the offer. And we need to preserve this? What for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New comments on SA from analysts which have prices below the offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dydo said:

I guess he did not like the way his company was valued so he wants to take it away and get to the point he can make more. I am not sure if he is disrespectful. If I owned 13m shares and all I got the garbage rollercoaster every quarter perhaps I would think how to make more from value you created. He is the largest shareholder. Take it away. I wish they market paid 26 per share in May but he wants now take this to someone else so I see he will hurry. The price did even bothered to hit the offer. And we need to preserve this?

The stock would easily be trading in the mid 20s if he had communicated the virtues of project monetization appropriately.  However he decided for the opposite in order to ensure himself a juicy bargain.  This is the worse conflict of interest you can have at the helm of a company.  This should be outlawed under any circumstance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dydo said:

New comments on SA from analysts which have prices below the offer. 

They also say that it will take awhile and the board will "exercise" its DD. (Qu IS the board, give me a break). Based on your projections of Q4 & Q1 earnings and revenues, I think we both agree than it will be done fast (before Q4 release, so in less than 4 months). On any negative 201 resolutions for CN, PPS may even dive with the rest at which time, "offer" may look very appealing (assuming 10-20%). On the other hand, assuming a very negative reaction to 201, then they may even release Q4 because price could be at $15 or under after 201, only for PPS to come back to current.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

They also say that it will take awhile and the board will "exercise" its DD. (Qu IS the board, give me a break). Based on your projections of Q4 & Q1 earnings and revenues, I think we both agree than it will be done fast (before Q4 release, so in less than 4 months). On any negative 201 resolutions for CN, PPS may even dive with the rest at which time, "offer" may look very appealing (assuming 10-20%). On the other hand, assuming a very negative reaction to 201, then they may even release Q4 because price could be at $15 or under after 201, only for PPS to come back to current.  

His offer is non-binding, so if the stock tanks a lot he can adjust it downwards like JASO did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm saying is that if CSIQ's stocks falls a lot (along with others) then they do not need to rush to "beat" Q4 ER date and his offer will be viewed as fair to shareholders. (Trina fell under $9 and the never adjusted).

Edited by pg6solar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×