explo

JinkoSolar (JKS)

dydo    1,423

Jinko is certainly not being bought off the market. Their $200M share offering does not support it.  I hope the PE values are changing to double digits. At this rate, JKS will be at 20 PE in no time.  That is about PE FSLR has. Awesome. Question on CSIQ, a lot of investors see CSIQ as loss company this year operationally this is true, not financially per say. I hope that trend is to reverse with Q3 and moves toward making money big way in 2018. 

There is also talk of BRICS, the relationship between China and India, I think there is perhaps some truth about interest in those companies, while CSIQ is having work in India they are not on the radar, not sure.  I am happy for JKS to valued this way but I do not like their balance sheet. I think CSIQ will get there and will surpass market of JKS. There is little patience for long deadlines and CSIQ has long deadlines for everything, somewhat painful in this market. 

Mark    6
49 minutes ago, dydo said:

I think CSIQ will get there and will surpass market of JKS. There is little patience for long deadlines and CSIQ has long deadlines for everything, somewhat painful in this market. 

I agree.  If JKS is getting a new 'fair' valuation up here, then CSIQ has a loooong way to run.  I'm not worried at all about the shares I bought at $20 a long while back.  I'm thinking of adding more right here.  In my trading account, I'm averaged in at 15.25 from the last dip, but can see this jump very soon back to 17 and well beyond.  With Jinko, they are becoming what I feared when the sale of Jinko Power happened.  A pure manufacturing play.  At the time I emailed IR there and expressed my frustration with the price they gave it to him at, and my concerns about where the future was headed for the company and project business.  They responded saying they still had oversees projects and EPC contracts, blah blah.  I didn't buy it at the time.  They were getting out of the project business, that was clear.  The writing was on the wall, which is why I'm glad that I'm far, far less exposed than I was a few hours ago.  Pure manufacturing play isn't bad, per se, but its not necessarily a good thing for investors.  Profitless prosperity is the term.  But hey, if they want to put a higher multiple on all these solars, so be it!  That'll make CSIQ worth a whole heck of a lot more than the $28 that Jinko is at some point in the next year.  I'll still trade in and out of Jinko, but I don't want to get caught holding a bag at any point, because I do fear a long term hold.  But with CSIQ, I won't necessarily fear holding it here in spite of my frustration at the speed of their project turnover and such.  Jinko?  Kinda locked in to what they do now.  No cards to play, they make modules.  Having said that, I suspect whoever is running the price up (Chinese investors it seems like) will keep running it up and I hope that they do.  CSIQ will have its day for sure.

• Thanks 1

explo    671

Mark, it might be market timing tactics. Both JKS and FSLR increased focus on project development in 2011 and shifted back to panel focus in 2016. Focus on panels before 2011 and projects after 2011 by FSLR was very wise since the GM was low on projects 10 years ago and high 5 years ago and vice versa for panels. 

JKS and FSLR have managed shareholder capital better than other US listed solars. CSIQ did well here by utilizing the Ontario FiT 1.0 opportunity. They and Trina are second best. JASO has been a dog up until 2014. 2014-2017 success for JASO is too short to not be considered a temporary condition.

SCSolar    3

Can anyone explain Jinko Solars general administrations drop of 50%? They were at $35M in Q3  and in Q4. Suddenly in Q117 they were $16M + and in Q217 $18M and change for the general administration item in the operational expenses.

dydo    1,423
7 minutes ago, SCSolar said:

Can anyone explain Jinko Solars general administrations drop of 50%? They were at $35M in Q3  and in Q4. Suddenly in Q117 they were $16M + and in Q217 $18M and change for the general administration item in the operational expenses.

no plant business

dydo    1,423
11 minutes ago, SCSolar said:

Didn't they sell the plant business in Q3 and give adjusted numbers?

Let me know when you check