Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Daqo (DQ)

Why on earth do we have to make this about FSLR again?  FSLR is just fine, they have the cost, the balance sheet, and the ASP.   What else could you possibly ask for?

And what's up with that constant whining about the injustice of tariffs?  When have I heard you saying that the CNs would be dead by now were it not for the zillions of cheap state financing and subsidies thrown at them over the years?  Never.  Either way it's not our job to whine and judge.  Our job is to analyze the facts and derive insights as to where EPS and SPs are headed!

15 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Our job is to analyze the facts and derive insights as to where EPS and SPs are headed!

Agreed.  And right now, DQ's SP is absolutely BURYING FSLR's.

Anybody got any idea what's driving this sudden tremendous surge?  I actually fear this is overdone, without confirmation of stellar earnings for last quarter and robust guidance for next.

47 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Why on earth do we have to make this about FSLR again?

Why because at times it is just fun at times. Sorry if I did not like your posting and information I would not needle on you at times. That is a sign of respect.

You gotta admit, with production costs where they are today,  and only going lower over the next 4 years, really hurts that FSLR story of low cost leadership they used to preach. even the analysts have recognized that these days.

By 2024  with new technology that has better low light absorption and angle absorption and heat response is going to eat into the final selling points of CDTE. The same way their claim of lower installation costs have been shot  with larger lighter more powerful panels made from Csi

54 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Why on earth do we have to make this about FSLR again?  FSLR is just fine, they have the cost, the balance sheet, and the ASP.   What else could you possibly ask for?

And what's up with that constant whining about the injustice of tariffs?  When have I heard you saying that the CNs would be dead by now were it not for the zillions of cheap state financing and subsidies thrown at them over the years?  Never.  Either way it's not our job to whine and judge.  Our job is to analyze the facts and derive insights as to where EPS and SPs are headed!

I am fully aware of the incentives China gave their manufacturing base. The policies implemented back in 2012 that spurred the massive build outs was put in place to save what would have been a death to their solar manufacturing. They are trying like hell to back out those incentives now. We have seen the impact of pricing when the Government backs out of the protectionism.

I just wish the U.S. would get smart and get rid of the protectionism. I mean we do not have a solar industry in this country. First Solar has what 1Gw of production and the rest is in Malaysia. Sunpower is contract manufacturing overseas and have manufacturing over seas. To me the tariff costs does not justify the indusry. The only thing the Tarrifs have done is create at most 1,000 low skilled low level assembly jobs that is only temporary. They will be lost once solar subsidies are removed.

it is different if the tariffs were in place to foster an industries growth like China did, but we have zero industrial policies in this contry design to make a thriving industrial base.

• Thanks 1