Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

On 12/17/2019 at 3:49 PM, MVA said:

I think it will continue to climb till the end of year: December 27 to be exact... I also think, there is high probability, that we may see book value number - $22.4 at least, sometime in the next two weeks, or earlier... In 2015, for instance, similar pattern occurred: price dropped to $14.15 in August, and by end of December it was already $29.83/share. So, $24, yes, I think it is very possible.

Just sold out my holdings again. I am not waiting for the new years when people are going to lock in their gains. I am good with purchase last week at $20.5 and sales at $22.05 today. Sold out my JKS as well. I will look to buy back in after the new year.

35 minutes ago, SCSolar said:

Just sold out my holdings again. I am not waiting for the new years when people are going to lock in their gains. I am good with purchase last week at $20.5 and sales at $22.05 today. Sold out my JKS as well. I will look to buy back in after the new year.

We still have 4 trading days left in this year. I still think we have to touch CSIQ book value number $22.4. At least. Low volume today tells me, it is not peak yet. We will see.... Happy Holidays to all!!! All the Best!!!

Exited comfortably from CSIQ before year end. With today's Goldman upgrade (Neutral to BUY), downward correction in Canadian is almost guaranteed... :-))))
However, with so much of a new capacity coming online (latest news from JA Solar)... I am not even sure that I want back in... Probably will stay in my beloved "mining & metals" sector for a while... At least until Chinese New year.... 

FSLR investors - Good Luck! 😉

https://www.pv-tech.org/news/ja-solar-unveils-plans-for-new-5gw-cell-10gw-module-production-facilities

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MVA said:

CANADIAN SOLAR COMPLETES SALE OF 56.3 MWP SOLAR POWER PLANT IN JAPAN FOR JPY 22.3 BILLION (USD 205 million).

http://investors.canadiansolar.com/news-releases/news-release-details/canadian-solar-completes-sale-563-mwp-solar-power-plant-japan

Is this a PR for closing last year or is this a Q1 PR? They had a habit of PRing sales up to 6 weeks after the close of the quarter for the prior quarter

1 hour ago, SCSolar said:

Is this a PR for closing last year or is this a Q1 PR? They had a habit of PRing sales up to 6 weeks after the close of the quarter for the prior quarter

"Canadian Solar expects to recognize the revenue from the transaction in the first quarter of 2020." 

I guess that's what you wanted to know.

• Upvote 1

2017 pricing, perhaps going lower to $10? Maybe getting back here. 

Tomorrow morning is a big day for Canadian! Something tells me CSIQ is not going to fall... Though, I'd like to see it around $10 again... 

1 hour ago, MVA said:

Tomorrow morning is a big day for Canadian! Something tells me CSIQ is not going to fall... Though, I'd like to see it around $10 again... 

I doubt we will see 10, but if we do I will buy shares. 

Canadan Solar: Yan Zhuang, Acting Chief Executive Officer, commented: "We were experiencing strong demand across all regions until the past few days, as we started to see some delays and weakening demand.

Oh, I see somebody has started shorting the company... 😁

But you are right.  With this wording you don't even have to read between the lines...

Edited by Klothilde

3 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Oh, I see somebody has started shorting the company... 😁

But you are right.  With this wording you don't even have to read between the lines...

I never short! But yes, you are right, I was hoping to enter back at levels around 10... Who knows...? 🙂 But CSIQ is the greatest among all solars!!! Fact!

One thing I find interesting is they say demand is mostly down in the residential segments in Europe and U.S. while utility seems to be affected little.  This bodes well for FSLR and not so good for residential-centric companies such as RUN and ENPH.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Klothilde said:

One thing I find interesting is they say demand is mostly down in the residential segments in Europe and U.S. while utility seems to be affected little.  This bodes well for FSLR and not so good for residential-centric companies such as RUN and ENPH.

The U.S segment was strong in Q4 for CSIQ and aided to higher selling prices. The average ASP of $0.28. They had a near 68/32 split of multi to mono and 20%+ blended margins for modules in Q4.

To me that breaks out an average ASP of around $0.25-$0.26 outside of the U.S. shipments and a blended cost in the $0.20 range. I would gather they were selling the mono at around $0,27 outside of the U.S. and the Multi around $0.24-$0.25.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, MVA said:

Solaria Sues Canadian Solar for Patent Infringement

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/solaria-sues-canadian-solar-patent-234200564.html

Ooooooo, I didn't expect it from Qu man... Shame!

I do not know about this lawsuit, but I would be careful with ham acting before at least the guilt is proven not aleged. Last time lawsuits were made it was a dying grasp of a company which could not manage itself from bankruptcy. This could be the case here considering the conditions and the timing. Let the courts decide.