dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

dydo    1,423

Canadian Solar Inc. (the "Company" or "Canadian Solar") (NASDAQ: CSIQ), one of the world's largest solar companies, today announced the delivery 26 MW of its high quality and high-performing CS6P-P solar power modules to EPC Contractor TSK Solar for the "San Fermin" solar power plant installation in Puerto Rico, co-developed by firms Uriel Renewables inc. and Coqui Power LLC. The solar power plant is located in the North Eastern town of Loiza, a region that regularly faces adverse weather conditions such as hurricanes, tropical storms and flooding. Due to the specific nature of the project and its location, the project's electrical equipment were installed on structures that elevated them two to four meters above ground, and have also been designed to withstand winds of up to 260 kilometers per hour. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=196781&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1740448&highlight=

dydo    1,423

Good to know that. Locations are getting more and more off the regular channels. I picked Spain and Portugal as potential locations for solar manufacturing for Chinese companies. Not only European markets standing wide open but so South American with those options. Yingli sold 10.5MW to Chile in Q3 and Jinko has big plans for Brazil.

Guest angelp   
Guest angelp

Under the background of anti-dumping and anti-subsidy, the PV industry confronted the great challenges. In this situation, two Jiangsu PV enterprises singed 3 billion orders in Australia which was greatly encouraged the domestic PV industry. The two companies are Canadian Solar Company and Zhongli Sci-tech Group.

http://www.glassinchina.com/news/newsDisplay_18925.html

Zhongli is the parent company of Talesun. 3B is probably in yuans? Somebody in China can confirm.

dydo    1,423

this is what I got back when I asked about this

\

the original article didn't mention the amount is in RMB or USD. Zhongli said the 2.7 billion is for 230MW module

Among the amount, 140MW is through power station building. The target selling amount of Zhongli in this year is 800MW, and power station selling amount is 350MW(270MW in domestic, 80MW overseas)

but I think the reality is far from its target...

the order for CSI is 20MW, both of them sign the contract on Australia new energy international exhibition I don't know if the name of the exhibition is correct in English