dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

18 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Oh my goodness did you see how the GM went up just from shifting the U.S: projects into 2018?  You don't have to be Einstein to tell that the margins on those U.S. projects are crappy.  Well they tell you anyhows in the PR.

From the past guidance of margins median of 11.5% and past revenue and the present guidance, it would appear there is $30-$50M in gross profits lost by the project sales miss. That would be around 4-6% margins on the missed project sales on $700-$750M projects.

It's happening.  The stock is tanking, making the buyout offer look golden.  Investors are gonna kiss Qu's hand if he still pays the peanuts he promised.

2 hours ago, tupapa said:

Good Lord, you really are a despicable creature.

Something tells me you don't like me very much.  Is there anything I can change so we get along better?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Something tells me you don't like me very much.  Is there anything I can change so we get along better?

I try my best not to take market losses personally.

However, in a community, where everyone is trying their best to make money and share the knowledge they have so that we can all prosper, I find some behaviours reprehensible.

Your gratuitous slandering of Daqo's CEO, when you know many of us are holders.

Your insistence in pointing out Canadian Solars success now that it is going private, after a lot of members of the community lost  or didn't make money ( I myself lost a considerable amount due to leverage), even going to the extreme of "congratulating" holders when good news is released.

Are just two examples I have encountered.

As expected, CSIQ is soon to approach a 20% discount to a buyout offer. Any takers once (or if) it gets to low/mid $15s?

bought a (very) few shares of CSIQ just above $16  (~3%), and started buying TERP at $11 (~1.5%).  Leaving myself lots of room to add lower...

1 hour ago, tupapa said:

I try my best not to take market losses personally.

However, in a community, where everyone is trying their best to make money and share the knowledge they have so that we can all prosper, I find some behaviours reprehensible.

Your gratuitous slandering of Daqo's CEO, when you know many of us are holders.

Your insistence in pointing out Canadian Solars success now that it is going private, after a lot of members of the community lost  or didn't make money ( I myself lost a considerable amount due to leverage), even going to the extreme of "congratulating" holders when good news is released.

Are just two examples I have encountered.

I think you are reading too much into my posts but let's not argue about that.

I don't understand how you can talk about DQ "in the 100s" after getting burned with CSIQ.  If that's not a deterrent to exuberance then I don't know what else can be.