dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'll never understand how analysts get away with being 1) manipulative or 2) stupid.  He manages to scare people out with a low target while simultaneously saying the price is likely to go above 18.47.  I'd like to get in a room with all of these guys.  The stock is going down, but don't short it.  Because the stock is going to go up above the capped price I just said was on it.  I don't think its possible for him to contradict himself any further in such a short space of time.

Why consider a value to stay in this environment? Who can consider being an investor reading that? Analysts made sure those stocks were treated like crap for all those years and even now they serve their own agendas. 

• Like 1

JP Morgan has been especially hard on renewables, hasn't it?  At least they were super pumping steel & iron ore stocks after Trump's win.  To the point of causing a > 40% drop in X due to their over pumping.

This market has gone loony.  I guess I've just been way to late to this investing game.  

You have ridiculously crappy stocks that mention "AI" or "blockchain" and their share prices double & triple & more:  XNET, RIOT, OSTK, VERI.    

Meanwhile you have a company like CSIQ that is doing a great job at making the world a much better place... and their reward is to just be hated & ignored.

Edited by sunnypease
  • Like 1

Maybe JPMorgan has a client that wants the share price down further.  So they can make a competing offer.  Hmm I guess that doesn't make sense.

Edited by sunnypease

17 minutes ago, dydo said:

I wrote an article on this, I thought it was not sincere and certainly the market reacted poorly to it.  The manipulation drove the stock all over the place, ending with two more offers. Last being $7.50. I hope Qu does not have a plan to demolish his own reputation, but God knows what is happening now. He needs to announce deals and sales etc, otherwise, it would manipulating accounting. Negative attitude could be enough. I would expect the board provides an answer sooner, a lot sooner. 

If management decides to delay projects sales, on purpose, (750 MW in US for instance) not to improve value/attractiveness of the company, especially after they announced it and many people got into this stock based on high expectations, is it a crime? Can they do it? Can it start SEC investigation? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MVA said:

If management decides to delay projects sales, on purpose, (750 MW in US for instance) not to improve value/attractiveness of the company, especially after they announced it and many people got into this stock based on high expectations, is it a crime? Can they do it? Can it start SEC investigation? 

Have a look at the company TOPS or DCIX to get a feel for how active the SEC is these days.

29 minutes ago, MVA said:

If it is binding than it would be a cost. They won't do that, as there is no benefit to ruin deals because of the offer. It would be obviously bad practice and Qu could go to jail for manipulating activities of the company to downplay its value, yes that would be criminal and stupid because done wide in the open.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dydo said:

Is this guy some kind of idiot? Paul Coster from JPM, this is what he wrote

JPMorgan analyst Paul Coster downgraded Canadian Solar to Underweight from Neutral with an unchanged price target of $15. The stock is likely capped by the CEO's take-private offer of $18.47, Coster tells investors in a research note. The analyst expects the stock to underperform his coverage in the near-term, but says it is not a short. He believes, however, that a higher, competing takeover offer is likely.

Read more at:
https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2653857

I think JPMorgan was misquoted by the fly, here is what they said according to Bloomberg:

“We do not believe a higher, competing offer is likely and there could still be risks associated with the deal itself.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/canadian-solar-chairman-offers-to-take-panel-maker-private

5 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

I think JPMorgan was misquoted by the fly, here is what they said according to Bloomberg:

“We do not believe a higher, competing offer is likely and there could still be risks associated with the deal itself.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-11/canadian-solar-chairman-offers-to-take-panel-maker-private

Thanks.