dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

CSIQ needs an activist shareholder, to buy shares on the market and try to influence the board. CSIQ is not an ADS, it is actual stock and company is incorporated in Canada. Indeed we are looking at the different business structure here. Qu apparently received offers in the past.  If someone offered a better price, I wonder if he would go for it? He said no now, but a good deal could make for him if he secured the job for some time. I think it is worth to hold the shares. just to see the end of it.

Now the market, people know the company is for sale. Offering shareholders $3 more or $180M in equity does not mean a lot to few companies out there. Debts will be lowered effectively. Transactions of plant sales will be delivered. This can still get quite interesting.

5 minutes ago, dydo said:

Now the market, people know the company is for sale. Offering shareholders $3 more or $180M in equity does not mean a lot to few companies out there. Debts will be lowered effectively. Transactions of plant sales will be delivered. This can still get quite interesting.

Exactly!!! On top of that if "201 stupidity" ends in favor of Canadian solar through total rejection of the bill by POTUS or just leaving Canada and Singapore unaffected, one more huge plus...

CSIQ Earnings Estimates for the next period were substantially increased today by Analysts:             

Q-4/2017 ($1.04/share, UP from 1.03),

year 2017 ($1.64/share, UP from 1.63) and

2018 ($1.78/share, UP from 1.63)...

And these also in mega stark contrast to low buyout offer... Unbelievable...

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CSIQ/analysts?p=CSIQ

JA Solar - first buyout offer was made on June 5/2015 at $9.69/share, does anybody here remember why it took more than 2 years to finalize it?

JPM downgraded CSIQ to $15. Now analysts are working for Qu.  The reason equity is trading above the targeted price. So only now, three months in, he decided to issue an update to show that 18.47 is a value price. 

• Like 1

Is this guy some kind of idiot? Paul Coster from JPM, this is what he wrote

JPMorgan analyst Paul Coster downgraded Canadian Solar to Underweight from Neutral with an unchanged price target of $15. The stock is likely capped by the CEO's take-private offer of $18.47, Coster tells investors in a research note. The analyst expects the stock to underperform his coverage in the near-term, but says it is not a short. He believes, however, that a higher, competing takeover offer is likely.

Read more at:
https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2653857

38 minutes ago, MVA said:

JA Solar - first buyout offer was made on June 5/2015 at $9.69/share, does anybody here remember why it took more than 2 years to finalize it?

I wrote an article on this, I thought it was not sincere and certainly the market reacted poorly to it.  The manipulation drove the stock all over the place, ending with two more offers. Last being $7.50. I hope Qu does not have a plan to demolish his own reputation, but God knows what is happening now. He needs to announce deals and sales etc, otherwise, it would manipulating accounting. Negative attitude could be enough. I would expect the board provides an answer sooner, a lot sooner. 

7 minutes ago, dydo said:

Is this guy some kind of idiot? Paul Coster from JPM, this is what he wrote

I'll never understand how analysts get away with being 1) manipulative or 2) stupid.  He manages to scare people out with a low target while simultaneously saying the price is likely to go above 18.47.  I'd like to get in a room with all of these guys.  The stock is going down, but don't short it.  Because the stock is going to go up above the capped price I just said was on it.  I don't think its possible for him to contradict himself any further in such a short space of time.