dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

5 minutes ago, SCSolar said:

Do you know if any debt is being transferred as part of the sale? The total equity to be invested in building the projects by Forsight  looks to be  $0.88/W USD.

No, I do not have any other details, one would have to track back any financing arrangements

I found this for you native speakers to help resolve. It says that Shenzhen Energy is interested in buying three projects from Recurrent or Recurrent, for $232M, every figure sounds wrong but, I could not find any confirmation on the stock exchange so it is likely a fake?

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=https://www.jiemian.com/article/1678885.html&prev=search

This equity sale looks like $0.59 per watt, for 393MW p. dc

1 hour ago, dydo said:

This equity sale looks like $0.59 per watt, for 393MW p. dc

That's a fire sale, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

That's a fire sale, isn't it?

This is an equity sale, plants carry debt. 

• Thanks 1

This is getting a bit more exciting, I found this piece on it. Apparently, the acquisition is $800M, which would translate to $2.03 per watt dc and $2.64/watt ac. If the number was accurate, the GM and equity look like 29%  or 232/800.  This would support the version of 20% project equity and 9% GM. If Koreans are paying the same for residual 309MW/1.3=237.7MW ac that is an additional $628M. In total selling that 707MW would bring $1.430B revenue, a cash increase of $414M, and GM of $128M.  That alone is a $1 per share at 50% net margin. I would say that net margin is probably likely 80%,  so by the looks of it, CSIQ will earn $100M and $1.65 per share. Not bad when considering that IP is coming in and 25% GM could bring $65M and net income this for $52M, that is about the $0.85.

We still have 150MW in UK, and collection of all other sales, If this is coming Q4, the revenue could hit $2B.

http://westdollar.com/sbdm/finance/news/1354,20171013784710780.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dydo said:

This is getting a bit more exciting, I found this piece on it. Apparently, the acquisition is $800M, which would translate to $2.03 per watt dc and $2.64/watt ac. If the number was accurate, the GM and equity look like 29%  or 232/800.  This would support the version of 20% project equity and 9% GM. If Koreans are paying the same for residual 309MW/1.3=237.7MW ac that is an additional $628M. In total selling that 707MW would bring $1.430B revenue, a cash increase of $414M, and GM of $128M.  That alone is a $1 per share at 50% net margin. I would say that net margin is probably likely 80%,  so by the looks of it, CSIQ will earn $100M and $1.65 per share. Not bad when considering that IP is coming in and 25% GM could bring $65M and net income this for $52M, that is about the $0.85.

We still have 150MW in UK, and collection of all other sales, If this is coming Q4, the revenue could hit $2B.

http://westdollar.com/sbdm/finance/news/1354,20171013784710780.html

Thank you very much for sharing this. 

"If the number was accurate, the GM and equity look like 29%  or 232/800"

How do you know the COGS here?

"In total selling that 707MW would bring $1.430B revenue, a cash increase of $414M, and GM of $128M"

How do you go from revenue to cash increase?  Have they itemized their current costs on these projects somewhere?

You say the net margin is 80%?    Is that a typo?  Should be 8% no?

"... IP is coming in ..."  

What is IP?  

Thank you