dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

I thought to state that 3.39 was Canadian's and 3.15 won the bid would cover the matter of "winning." In India, since day one of the auctions prices are in rupees.

What learning would you get from tracking winning bids? Those bids have many factors behind them, module cost is already described, and mostly as part of planning is further lessen in the sum of those.  Companies which do not manufacture modules often bid less than those which do. I will explain shortly. So here most would draw wrong conclusions.

However, for investors, what is important is to capture those thresholds for individual companies and only those as they have the meaning. Like Jinko's low bidding and win, the fact that not just Jinko but CSIQ and HQCL are betting in SA and even Canadian's pricing, which lost has plenty to say.

Those indicate comfort thresholds. If they come down, a company, most likely, can deliver profit but also shows a cost change within the business. Combined with an understanding of shifts in technology every business goes through, you can consider lowering bid as cost, going down.

The winning bids by developers or name companies associated with utilities have an advantage in other areas, but still, they need to buy modules. Modules which can be sold below market prices by organizations looking to cash their inventory so they can pay the electric bill. They often buy modules below spot. That is their advantage.

I think you got this wrong. American companies already fallen to negative margins. FSLR does not have money, it needs to bring infrastructure, and the money it has is spoken.A lot of people are confused about the state of preparation for the conditions.

The idea is run companies which cannot afford to produce off the market, that part is right.

I become more and more convinced that big bang about series 6 will turn to big same by 2019.

Axiom Capital Starts Canadian Solar (CSIQ) at Buy, Profit Likely To Materially Outperform Peers As Projects Are Sold, this is what streetinsider has for his note.

There is a calculation of project values, starting with an error of the number of MW in China, as I think it includes sold projects.

Oppenheimer reiterated an Outperform rating and $31.00 price target on Canadian Solar (NASDAQ: CSIQ). Oppenheimer believes that CSIQ is executing well utilizing a balanced approach. The company also appears to be refining its project business to increase returns and optimize cash flow.

With long-term asset owners increasingly willing to buy projects at notice to proceed, CSIQ is well positioned to increase turns on the capital it is deploying in its project development business.

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Canadian Solar click here. For more ratings news on Canadian Solar click here.

Oppenheimer's opinion seem to hold CSIQ up on a rotten day.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

No such luck for JASO down 3.3% today.  I don't see any negative news.  Why can't solar stocks just flatline when they run out of upward momentum?  They have to turn around and crash back down.  

Aha.  I see now. Oil.

$0.51 ASP. 14.0% GM on panels implies $0.44 cost.

Sales to US in early part of the year likely increased both ASP and cost due tariffs compared to non-tariff markets.

Edited by explo

In February they said they stopped sending tariff ones

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk