dydo

Canadian Solar (CSIQ)

2 minutes ago, dydo said:

Logic says that as long as the offer is there, there is no incentive to pay more.  How realistic is someone coming out and saying we will buy the company for $20? Qu does not want to sell but then it goes in front of shareholders if one is made. I think this is the situation. So this is what it looks like to me,  he sealed the price. Not the best outcome for all of us. Nobody bid up Trina or JA Solar, so how can be anyone bidding for CSIQ?

Trina & JASO privatization happened during the down period in solar industry... Now, when industry is recovering, and everybody see it, it may be different. https://seekingalpha.com/news/3317421-first-solar-sunpower-upgraded-baird-sees-solar-market-inflection-point?app=1&uprof=44#email_link

4 minutes ago, MVA said:

Trina & JASO privatization happened during the down period in solar industry... Now, when industry is recovering, and everybody see it, it may be different. https://seekingalpha.com/news/3317421-first-solar-sunpower-upgraded-baird-sees-solar-market-inflection-point?app=1&uprof=44#email_link

Do you see the market recovering for solar? JKS with 10GW+ of shipments in not likely to earn $1 in 2018 from Roberts earlier comments. Demand for next year coupled with ASP erosion is going to be yet another flat to down revenue year. With declining ASP and tight poly for the next year, there is little room for increased profits from the module business. The ASP for projects in competitive bids are dropping significantly to where a company like Trina has decided not to build in India. Demand may have soared this past year, but profits have not and there is no sense of recovery for the next year or 2. There is only 1 way for solar prices to go and that is to continue the downward trend to make it competitive in poor insolation areas. 

My goodness what are people going to talk about when the final 2 major CN companies go private? HQCL, DQ and FSLR? 

7 minutes ago, SCSolar said:

My goodness what are people going to talk about when the final 2 major CN companies go private? HQCL, DQ and FSLR? 

I can continue sharing my thoughts on FSLR.

But may I propose that we get rid of the Chinese characters next to the user names?  These companies have brought a lot of pain and sorrow upon us.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

I can continue sharing my thoughts on FSLR.

But may I propose that we get rid of the Chinese characters next to the user names?  These companies have brought a lot of pain and sorrow upon us.

Those characters happened when I transitioned to current software I forgot about their presence  I will see how can they be taken out. 

I may sell some of it too, it is sinking in that price is capped for me. 

1 minute ago, dydo said:

From 18.36 to 13.24 in about 2 seconds.  Was that you selling Robert?

19 minutes ago, dydo said:

Is there enough voting power of the company's shareholders to reject this offer? Are we, simple mortals, going to vote?

17 minutes ago, dydo said:

I sold at 18.37 the price dived after but it is back now. 

I also sold 10% CSIQ at 18.36

I'll hang in until offer goes through, unless it spikes for some reason above.  Will do okay -- not as well as the heyday of $44, but about 17%.  My TSL did about the same.  My JASO will be down a few percent if current offer goes through.  I expect the class actions to hit this week.  JASO folks are signing up with the hope they can reject low offer or force a higher one. 

Remember, this is non-binding, etc.  If Trump throws the kitchen sink at the industry, they could pull a JASO and offer LESS.  My opinion is Qu wants out of here and will want to close as quickly as possible.

3 minutes ago, SolarRoof said:

CFRA just put out a hold and $18 on CSIQ, warning that offer could be lowered if industry conditions abruptly turn negative.

Haha, oh no.  And did they say that offer could be raised if the balance sheet conditions abruptly turned positive?  Sick of analysts and Chinese CEOs both.

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

Haha, oh no.  And did they say that offer could be raised if the balance sheet conditions abruptly turned positive?  Sick of analysts and Chinese CEOs both.

I am convinced, there will be filed shareholders suit, claiming that CSIQ had failed to protect their interests and maximize the stock's value, especially on the eve of equity increase.

Just now, MVA said:

I am convinced, there will be filed shareholders suit, claiming that CSIQ had failed to protect their interests and maximize the stock's value, especially on the eve of equity increase.

I'd say there's a 2% chance of that.  This will ultimately be approved and go through.  Now my hopes turn to us actually getting the 18.47 instead of Qu pulling a JASO.  And also hoping that it doesn't turn into a Trina that took over a year or a JASO which we all know about the timeline on.

What suit? Is there an alternative? They molested the stock so hard it lost attraction. Even after offer they are playing it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SolarRoof said:

CFRA just put out a hold and $18 on CSIQ, warning that offer could be lowered if industry conditions abruptly turn negative.

Who is CFRA?

1 minute ago, dydo said:

Coker Palmer thinks offer not enough. Fair value starts at $32. 

Can you share a link please?