Sign in to follow this  
Guest greensolar

Bankrupt Solar-LDK, Suntech, SunEdison

Wolfe Research, Gordo went to Peer Perform today from Out Perform I think he reiterated Out Perform at $30. On the bright side at this point they'll be paying less for Vivint and It looks like the Circuit Breaker Rule would kick in on Monday, I'm guessing that rule still exists.

• Upvote 1

They are not yet finished.  Some entities really driving this down.  There is no liquidity issue if that is the question.  If they need cash, they could just sell the projects they have developed or have in development.  

They 

Where did you get this guys? I read this second time. Projects are 80% borrowing. 20% is cash borrowed or equity sold . However with 10% gm, operationally, they lose money in opex. Liquidity is the problem. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Chris, are you adding or reducing here after the big dip in SUNE?

I had the same question, but did not ask: was one adding at $12s on Wednesday (if one is positive on the company and even if not, still a superb trade opportunity)?

Edited by pg6solar

I noticed a lot of Put Options at $12 and thought when I saw it that it was very possible for it to fall below $12 but didn't trade it. I think SUNE will have a hard time gaining Investor confidence again after such a huge fall from $33.45 to $11.78 in such a short time.

Massive news for SUNE. GS won't let them go BK. No worries now.

up 6% after hours at peak, (after almost 4% for day) ......... I wonder how much it will rebound

Edited by sac_solar

Goldman, Sachs & Co., BofA Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank Securities, Macquarie Capital and J.P. Morgan are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. LOL

amazing how they manipulate,   first with the $1B investment, suckers people in AH......... then lower the boom with new offering.....  instant 6% loss.    glad I didn't bite........

Obviously common shareholder is getting to hold a bag pretty soon. I am not sure if I got the idea of lending, unless it is a way to secure holding of solar plants in case the house of cards is going to fold. All that money and cash flow is going to gap the loss for a year. What happens in 2016?

Edited by odyd

Diluting on the low. Spiral flipped from positive to negative. In one sense I can understand banks keep throwing money at this. Since the asset base SUNE invests in is sort of hard currency (power plants instead of factories) and banks have firsts dibs on it when SUNE fails while shareholders end up empty handed the banks let this case play its course before they take over.

Anyone care to explain the jump up in stock price?  Also, polar, what is a "pin bar"?

I guess people liked the price at which the debt converts to stock?

I would venture that the market may like the access to capital (buys time) and the "forever" feature of the convertibles.

Anyone care to explain the jump up in stock price?  Also, polar, what is a "pin bar"?

I guess people liked the price at which the debt converts to stock?

It's an extreme move in price depending on what time frame you work on. Then a retrace occurs, low risk/reward strategy for reversal in price direction

I wrote many times why SUNE would be in trouble. Can this happen, of course it can. How many shares SUNE will sell to cover its operational losses at $5 per share?

I think SUNE will reorganize pay the bond owners and screw, as usual, common shareholder. I bet institutional investment is down significantly.

I am using Microsoft Edge, not IE, and it works great.

Edited by odyd