Sign in to follow this  
Guest greensolar

Bankrupt Solar-LDK, Suntech, SunEdison

Did something else happen AH to cause this huge drop? It can not be 20F (unless "they" just started reading it now) since they had a whole day to bring it down to $1, but did not. Anyone for a trade? :cool:

I think the market missed it, since they filed it after COB last week. People over on Yahoo board have been euphoric about this cheap stock and are leaving the ship like rats now in the AH. How lazy to not read the filing if you're in this super risky stock. Or how stupid to be in it if you don't know how to read a filing and wait for Bloomberg and PV-Tech to tell the scary tale.

I think the market missed it, since they filed it after COB last week. People over on Yahoo board have been euphoric about this cheap stock and are leaving the ship like rats now in the AH. How lazy to not read the filing if you're in this super risky stock. Or how stupid to be in it if you don't know how to read a filing and wait for Bloomberg and PV-Tech to tell the scary tale.

Yes looks like its in all those publications, hence AH reaction.

Ballsy.

No guts, no glory. As I expected, they conveniently moved bids up. Some one else (with deeper pockets) wants to "play" it as well. Well if it fills, it fills. If it goes down - be it, but if it goes back to close...well 50%. 

Guest singular

So if they came out and said there’s “substantial doubt” about its ability to remain in business, looks like easy money to buy puts in the morning. Right?

No guts, no glory. As I expected, they conveniently moved bids up. Some one else (with deeper pockets) wants to "play" it as well. Well if it fills, it fills. If it goes down - be it, but if it goes back to close...well 50%.

Yes, you'll likely get a good quick exit big gain chance here. You just have to stay alert and not fall asleep on the trigger or get too greedy.

Ah no, if it fills (unlikely now) I would put a limit sell order immediately and since I live in front of PC from 8-5 (or longer), I won't fall a sleep.

On the one hand its bee a long time coming. On the other hand this doesn't help the credibility of solar bulls, was it just last week DB was recommending YGE? Secondly is some wierdo Chinese billionaire going to now get YGE minus the debt, which is likely to be potent competition for CN4?

On the one hand its bee a long time coming. On the other hand this doesn't help the credibility of solar bulls, was it just last week DB was recommending YGE? Secondly is some wierdo Chinese billionaire going to now get YGE minus the debt, which is likely to be potent competition for CN4?

Agree. I mainly have an issue with DB (who has been a good proponent for the solar case) touting YGE before the fall.

There's a difference between YGE and STP and LDK. YGE actually has good low cash cost manufacturing structure and sales channels. They just paid to much to acquire that and now have a screwed up financial structure as result. It's of much more interest to get the good stuff working under feasible financial structures in this case (more so than LDK equipment or STP brand). I'd imagine CN4 to grab quality staff and reps first and then maybe pick up the equipment if on fire sale. Maybe the n-type stuff in a couple of years and maybe some of that newly upgraded furnaces now that wafer segment seems to be the only one doing well in the value-chain.

Maybe some billionaire will pick up all but the toxic financials though. Let's hope not. They seem to repeat the mistakes. It's seems hard to stay sane in this industry.

Guest solarvs

If they really gonna go BK, why even bother paying back medium notes just 3 weeks ago? I also wonder how their language on debt and cash flows is different in previous 20Fs.

If they really gonna go BK, why even bother paying back medium notes just 3 weeks ago? I also wonder how their language on debt and cash flows is different in previous 20Fs.

It's gonna be a slow process. They might linger on for years by selling assets to make note payments, but their "growth strategy" is fatally hurt. Auditors forced them to use the "heading for BK" lingo. It's new to them, but LDK were forced to use the same language for awhile before they defaulted.

Who in US/Japan/EU will buy their panels if there's a BK possibility? Once BK was a real or likely possibility for LDK their sales disappeared, shouldn't the same fate await YGE? If so, it will not be years. 

Who in US/Japan/EU will buy their panels if there's a BK possibility? Once BK was a real or likely possibility for LDK their sales disappeared, shouldn't the same fate await YGE? If so, it will not be years.

Yes they'll probably have to start selling cells instead.

or they will just get bailed out

Best hope for now is that they get more for the land they sold when the government auctions it out. I think what's clear is that this will become a high volatility risky stock and the company will not be able to focus on growth anymore.

G.J. - now "Wolfe" of Wall Street. Bet we'll see his face on TV soon. I missed seeing that face, I must tell you.LOL

Looks like you'll get filled. Stay alert. This is moving faster than I expected. Probably since the market has been around the block a couple of times now with STP and LDK.

The significance of the YGE’s disclosure is simple… everyone thought YGE could/would never go out of business because they know “government insiders” (I have been told this by 4 different investors in the past 2 weeks). This has caused a lot of investors to overlook massive debts on the balance sheets of pretty much EVERY  publicly traded Chinese solar company. With YGE’s new disclosure, one must now rethink that viewpoint, and also consider what a liquidation by YGE would mean for the broader Chinese solar market (i.e., less access to debt for others, or what is essentially keeping them alive).

Gordon at it again. Every investor though YGE was great and every other solar company is in equally bad shape. How much he could learn from a visit to this board. We could have help him pick the right short candidates, since he keeps picking the ones with best BS and profit growth he must not be able to read balance sheets and income statements.

Yingli will host a CC today to clarify media coverage and will disclose results on 5 june.

http://ir.yinglisolar.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=213018&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2051462

Would be interesting to watch, but I have no time unfortunately.

Could be some relieve rally in the stock today but with Hanergy panic could be difficult and what do they want to say really.

Could be some relieve rally in the stock today but with Hanergy panic could be difficult and what do they want to say really.

Probably to highlight this

However, this statement has been taken and interpreted out of context in some media coverages. The Company has been transparent not only about the risks and challenges it faces, but also about the Company's alternative plans to mitigate future risks and challenges.

Hitting the wires now, who's more market moving YGE or Hanergy

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/yingli-green-energy-responds-to-media-coverage-of-its-ability-as-a-going-concern-300086347.html

Yingli will host a CC today to clarify media coverage and will disclose results on 5 june.http://ir.yinglisolar.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=213018&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2051462

Would be interesting to watch, but I have no time unfortunately.

Yes it should relieve. Nothing has changed but the perception of the company. Others just see the same risk we've seen here all along.

The significance of the YGE’s disclosure is simple… everyone thought YGE could/would never go out of business because they know “government insiders” (I have been told this by 4 different investors in the past 2 weeks). This has caused a lot of investors to overlook massive debts on the balance sheets of pretty much EVERY publicly traded Chinese solar company. With YGE’s new disclosure, one must now rethink that viewpoint, and also consider what a liquidation by YGE would mean for the broader Chinese solar market (i.e., less access to debt for others, or what is essentially keeping them alive).

Gordon at it again. Every investor though YGE was great and every other solar company is in equally bad shape. How much he could learn from a visit to this board. We could have help him pick the right short candidates, since he keeps picking the ones with best BS and profit growth he must not be able to read balance sheets and income statements.

Gordon isn't to bright. This guy should of already known this about Yingli. I am convinced he does not follow any of these Companies well at all but likes to paint them all the same. I will be very glad when someone puts him away for good.

He says this ion another article, The plunge in Hanergy stock is going to put some fears into investors in China as it shows the risk in the solar business

Is this guy thinking everyone is as stupid as he is?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-20/yingli-green-rebounds-as-hanergy-stokes-china-solar-concern

Yingli Green Energy Holding Co., the debt-strapped solar manufacturer that lost almost a third of its value this week, may get emergency funds to refinance.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-21/yingli-set-to-get-lifeline-from-chinese-state-run-solar-partner?cmpid=yhoo

United helping Yingli pull through could be a part of consolidation. maybe two could merge.

That was a "trade" that we all collectively should regret of not being a part of.

What are you referring to here? YGE?