Guest Uncle Chang

Trina Solar (TSL)

2,505 posts in this topic

The PPS per share has to go down, since things will be going down from great results of Q2. It will not be as bad. The capacity is 20% over which shows 80% utilization. I believe that in good times 20% was OEM by CN3. 

TSL, CSIQ and JKS will have over 1GW and more of solar plants. CSIQ will start taking benefit of capacity in Thailand and Brazil by Q4. So for them the dip in Q3 on margin maybe the worse. At 16% GM CSIQ is still potent and at the $200M or more in revenue from electricity sales they could print net income of $40M alone.

If they can volumized sales in 2017 with 15% growth at 15% GM, CSIQ will do as good as this year (YTD) of course selling plants will give better cash flow this year.

Trina shows a lot of inventory, mind you, they sell more modules than Canadian does, 

I guess on my last comment, the inventory condition, which was highlighted by Qu,  is excellent so far. Of course, companies are selling double to triple of the inventory positions they hold on their books these days. It used to be closer to one for one. Only few took write-downs on the materials, so I suspect things be easier this time. I would imagine that double of the lows from 2012/2013 will still be available to us. TSL is out by Q1, so CSIQ could be trading at $10 or below I see JKS trade in $14s or so, FSLR at $30.

This thread now is under M&A Stocks,

I expect that TSL will go private and by Q1 will no longer have Trina around in NA. Solar City thread is also under the same sub.

1 hour ago, SolarRoof said:

How 'bout TERP and GLBL with offer on the table?

I did not read that GLBL and TERP is going to be bought off the market, I thought it was an offer to buy SUNEQ interest,  If they are to be taken off the market they should be here.

Well the press release is out & the stock is up to 10.50 in premarket.

Still... there is this pesky line in their statement:

"The parties to the Merger Agreement are continuing to work diligently towards satisfaction of all other closing conditions set forth in the agreement. Upon completion of the Merger, the Company will become a privately held company and its American depositary shares (the "ADSs") will no longer be listed or traded on any stock exchange, including the New York Stock Exchange, and the Company's ADS program would be terminated."

Still working diligently?  What the heck does that mean?

Matt

2 hours ago, sunnypease said:

Still working diligently?  What the heck does that mean?

Regulatory approvals by US and China etc. Financial backers etc. Of 97.7% of share-holder the 97.8% voted in favor, so from the share-holders' side it was a big "go ahead".

Anyway Gao got his votes and we got our pop. The questions is how high it will go. It should surpass the old $10.50 resting level from before at least if there isn't big concerns about regulatory approvals.