Jump to content


Solar Member
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About jasondc

Profile Information

  • Location :
  • Interests
    Renewable energy, storage, electric vehicles
  1. jasondc

    Trading Solars

    I don't think anything would come of it in a sane environment. So who knows. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  2. jasondc

    Trading Solars

    Robert, I posted elsewhere that I think JASO should consider purchasing Suniva and taking advantage if the Hemlock poly they are locked in to. A CN purchasing Suniva and setting up operations in US could stave off the petition and whichever CN did this would immediately trade at a higher multiple due to US presence. They would likely be able to issue shares at a higher SP to pay for setting up. In particular since JASO has to buy from Hemlock quarterly until 2026 they could avoid the China tariff on US poly by using the poly in the US. If the petition goes through I think CNs have to consider setting up in US anyway, why not do it now? Aside from that, does anyone think that now there will be a rush to buy CN panels ahead of September? If so, will this prop up CN share prices through 2017? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  3. jasondc

    Solar News

    https://www.pv-magazine.com/2017/05/24/breaking-u-s-trade-commission-moves-ahead-with-suniva-investigation/ ITC moving forward to consider petition Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  4. I do wonder how the share price will react if they offer shares for an equity raise, I would imagine it would be combined with an announcement of a development investmebt plan. I hold PEGI and I am thinking to hold through an equity raise if it is coming. I think there is a chance shares appreciate if they announce development investment. Of course it could go exactly the opposite, but if it did, PEGI would have a big hole ti dig out of. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  5. jasondc

    Beyond Solar

    TPIC (composite wind blade manufacturer) reported earnings today after the close. I find them interesting, more stability in terms of pricing than solar it seems, and more of a steady industry growth as opposed to boom bust cycles. They face a potential headwind in Q2 with a GE contract possibly not renewing but feel confident they can convert to other OEM customer blades if that is the case. GE bought one of thier competitors. Financials seem solid, customers are top tier wind energy (Gamesa, Vestas, GE) with long term contracts. Costs are coming down as scale increases. Geographic expansion to Latin/South America recently, and sounds like from the call they are seriously looking at India. They guide $930-$950M 2017 and 25% top line growth the next few years. Trailing PE is high. It seems like they are priced right for where they will be in a couple years. They beat Q1, they have a GE contract overhang for Q2, maintaining 2017 guidance. I will see what shares do tomorrow and will be considering a position as a long term holding. I don't expect exlopsive growth but it does seem like a good potential steady growth company to invest in.
  6. jasondc

    Trading Solars

    I have a half position and if it dips I will gladly average down. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  7. jasondc

    Solar News

    Since he has billions.. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/06/warren-buffett-says-hes-got-a-big-appetite-for-a-solar-or-wind-project.html?__source=synacor&par=synacor
  8. jasondc

    Trading Solars

    Thank you explo, excellent summary and I appreciate your viewpoint very much. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
  9. jasondc

    Trading Solars

    DQ will announce Q1 on May 9th, I am very interested in this company. I have not taken a position only because chart-wise they are sitting at support but could possibly break lower? Does anyone have thoughts on Q1 results? I know poly prices were trending lower earlier in the year and are stable/up now but not sure how this price action figures in to Q1 results. I would like to enter before earnings if there is a decent chance the results are good but I have not been able to pull the trigger. Long term I like DQ. Just not sure if I like to enter pre or post earnings. As explo pointed out previously, it looks like DQ can have big swings high and low. Thanks for any thoughts and thanks for sharing all perspectives, this discussion board is very good.
  10. jasondc

    NRG Yield, Inc. (NYLD)

    NYLD down today on high volume at the end of trading.. down AH as well but only about 2000 shares traded. Reporting in the morning. I am considering an entry at some point. Anyone looking at NYLD presently? I did not see any news that would explain the drop, perhaps just nervous investors?
  11. jasondc

    Trading Solars

    BWEN and TPIC are two to research.