You are not logged in.

greensolar

Beginner

• "greensolar" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 30th 2012

Monday, January 7th 2013, 5:15pm

Yingli Expects 2012 Panel Shipments to Exceed 2.2 Gigawatts

Yingli Expects 2012 Panel Shipments to Exceed 2.2 Gigawatts

Yingli Green Energy Holding Co., a Chinese solar manufacturer, expects 2012 panel shipments of more than 2.2 gigawatts.
That exceeds an earlier forecast of 2.1 gigawatts to 2.2 gigawatts, the Baoding, China-based company said today in a statement. At that volume, Yingli expects to become the world’s largest panel maker.
“According to public data to date, we believe Yingli has evolved into the largest PV module supplier,” Chief Executive Officer Miao Liansheng said in the statement.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yingli-green-energy-reaches-historical-220000936.html

odyd12

Administrator

Date of registration: Jan 3rd 2013

Monday, January 7th 2013, 5:35pm

Interesting. This implies that 561MW of modules would garner revenue in Q4. I am very hopeful for others as this indicates huge domestic sales, nothing I have seen thus far in exports. However December could be the big one. Nothing moves with any regularity. I am optimistic now. In less than 3 weeks we should be able to see rest of the quarter. This is really good regardless.

explo

Intermediate

Date of registration: Sep 29th 2012

Monday, January 7th 2013, 5:44pm

Very good news as YGE hasn't tracked great on the exports data. Some have been much worse, but some have been tracking ahead of guidance as well.

larryvand

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 2nd 2013

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 5:11pm

YGE has had the bulk of China wins. So does that mean that funding for those wins has come through and China is going all out to building those plants (which would mean other winners as well), or is that demand coming from both China and abroad?

explo

Intermediate

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 6:48pm

It suggests that China has been HUGE in Q4. Yge has not been exporting enough in October and November to meet guidance based on how much it was expected to ship to China. Still they'll beat guidance. If they are not exporting like crazy in December this means the China market has been much bigger than YGE expected and they've diverted shipment to it. Their guidance means they'll ship around 600 mw in Q4, which is at capacity, so they probably had to reduce exports to fill China requirements. JASO, JKS and LDK has also planned to ship a lot to China, but their exports have been even lower than can be expected from that. I'm now thinking that those that have focused a lot on the Chinese market have had more to fill there than they expected and have thus reduced exports. Others like Trina have also had very low exports. I think this makes odyd more positive on them, since it probably means that Trina's ambition to double shipments to China in Q4 were exceeded, that's why exports have been lower than expected.

The shift in name ranking we've seen in the exports data, might reflect more who's going heavily domestic and who's going international than whos able to sell most.

WSJ reported today that China targets 10GW new installs this year. This is just going to soak up so much of that Chinese capacity that would otherwise compete on international markets. Looks like the China boom is happening and the magnitude can pull the whole global industry up this year.

I don't mean to get carried away, but I do feel something finally brewing here.

spiritcraft

Beginner

Date of registration: Dec 11th 2012

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 7:50pm

It seems so. I have a simplistic question. Is there a dramatic difference in ASP's for China like there was say a year ago? Any thoughts?

explo

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 3:48am

Any thoughts?
A lot :)

I continued my thoughts on this here:

WSJ China plans to add 10GW solar 2013

Social bookmarks

SPVI News

FeedWind

PGYOlen(Today, 1:45pm)