odyd

Solar News

19,397 posts in this topic

Scsnospam, can you summarize the article because it is requiring a password. Thanks

When I googled the below I was able to read the story

Investors are stepping back into one of the stock market's most volatile sectors, solar-energy companies, after many had pulled the plug on the group several years ago.

Starting in 2008, heavily hyped solar companies stumbled amid oversupply, sputtering demand and a series of bankruptcies.

But now, bullish investors say an industry...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bright-prospects-chinas-rooftop-solar-210049617.html

Not an overly optimistic article from reuters (surprise). They have published several articles essentially saying the same thing, namely that China will not meet it installation targets this year and shares will suffer. Since they cite 2014 demand as 40GW, which would be very low, they are not overly in touch with the sector. However, there may be some truth to it if they are actually interviewing developers as they claim. The article does summarize my (and I believe the market's) worry well though. Recall how SOL mentioning that 2014 demand in China could be lower than 2013 completely blew-up the sector. I guess we'll find out next week, one way or another!

I think they work with Hedgefunds. The timing here is right before some CN stocks report too and many short shares need to be covered imo. Like TSL may of been a bit of that today right before they report. Recently they wrote an adverse article that caused another stock I had been watching for a while to sell off from around $5.00 to $2.00 in 1 day (it was a bio-tech stock) when the stock reopened for trading after the panel discussion it moved from $2 to around $5.50+ 2 days later..

Reuters recently wrote an article referring to LDK as being close to BK but included JASO in the sentence. That was later corrected when I sent the letter to IR. Reuters just said they made a mistake, SURE? I'm beginning not to believe anything they write.

Thanks July that worked!

I love this line "Mr. Lutts now ranks solar as his firm's No. 1 sector pick in 2014, holding about 7% in solar in his firm's riskiest portfolios, up from zero a few years ago. "We're in the beginning of the first inning for solar," he said."

Thanks July that worked!

I love this line "Mr. Lutts now ranks solar as his firm's No. 1 sector pick in 2014, holding about 7% in solar in his firm's riskiest portfolios, up from zero a few years ago. "We're in the beginning of the first inning for solar," he said."

It looks like the TAN paid off pretty well too. That is basically because people wanted to play safe. 

It looks like the TAN paid off pretty well too. That is basically because people wanted to play safe.
Massive investment in TAN and others flows directly into our names.  Meaning that if the masses decide that is the way to play the global PV revolution, it is constant buying pressure for top names.  I would have to think that CSIQ for instance is moving up on the percentage of holdings pie.  Others as well and the more profitable any names become, they will garner a larger percentage of that holdings pie chart.  TAN and other used to be dominated by FSLR but I imagine that is changing.