Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odyd

JA Solar (JASO)

2,664 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, odyd said:

do you think they seem to support each other?

Jinko would need to buy/toll 5 GW cells and JA buy 4 GW wafer so I could see some partnership, but more likely they are balancing total supply situation and their own strength/focus. Maybe they just sync enough to avoid that everyone is expanding cell only for example.

Explo, what is your take on the JA mono PERC cell capacity? Do you see this to be around 2.3GW out of the 7GW planned or is this more?

I would be interested to see the walk from wafer perspective, like 3GW of mono added by JKS to supply for 2.5GW of mono PERC cells they will have.

Do you think that JA's wafer capacity is all mono?

We have not had that discussion for some time; I would like to learn from you what you think.

I haven't really gotten into details lately. For a long time they hade 500 MW mono and 500 MW multi and did not expand it. They had great access to mono ingot/wafer supply from their "parent" company and other partners. I think they've focused more on mono in their recent ingot capacity expansion, but I'm not sure. Typically they are 50/50 mono/multi in their cell production but lines are flexible to flip between mono and multi if they want to bias it. JA is known to have bet more on mono or rather keep it open than say Trina which made a big multi bet and other CN4s (I think Jinko after JA was the most mono or open one), but I haven't followed recent developments that well. Those that betted to hard on multi might be slower to adapt to bigger market changes.

Thanks, I actually do not think that overall all of them have so much different approach. The mix is the same the cell asset and wafer asset ownership based on technology is different. The cost relationship due to it may improve ASP, but also cause cost increase. I think worth tracking for recovery purpose.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk