34,589 posts in this topic

Nano, maybe just continue to post in the CSIQ forum for now? You have valuable info and we need more genuine investors rather than less. I don't want to step on Odyd's toes but we need different investors that know more about their individual stocks as that increases all of our knowledge through their perspective and company specific info gathering. Let's take a break and get back to you SOL and CSIQ corners... whew. This is not a winner takes all scenario.

To all of the posters on this thread. Let me start off by saying that all of the information and insight is very much appreciated. In my experience, stocks are sometimes like religion or politics. If someone believes in a stock to the degree that some of you believe in your stocks, he can then take it very personally when someone has something negative to say about that stock. That is because you are not only speaking of the company, but in his sense of judgement. You are attacking his dreams to a degree. A person puts a lot of faith in a company and you tell them that they are wrong or that their investment is worthless. That will probably upset him. So to defend his position, he attacks what you believe in, most likely without even knowing it, for the purpose of justifying his position. We can all discuss the solar 11 without attacking other people's beliefs or opinions. Just keep the great info flowing and all will be well.

Klothlide, I just created forum for First Solar go ahead start threading. SunPower will be started in the moment. Hint me all on what forums you need

We that is fine too I am sure. I guess there are many further options aside from the 11. I am not is SPWR for example but would have like to been. Many here tend to forget the US names or are focused on the Chi Solars.

Thanks explo. In the case of JKS, they are targeted to lose between $1.60 to $2.80 or so next year. There is not likely an analyst that sees a profitable quarter. If there happens to become talk of quarterly profitability, no matter how little, I think that the tables really turn and EPS target start to get revised. That will provide price spikes for any of these names when it does come to fruition. I know this isn't 2009, but that was the deal then. There was the same talk of all of these names remaining unprofitable until insolvency and it really took just the notion of coming profitability to start the ball rolling, especially in TSL's case. They of course followed through. Again, not saying this is 2009 and not saying when, but a similar jump will occur.

Hi all again, I think that everyone on those boards have done tremendous amount of work, to bring facts and their view on solar energy. I really do not get the point about commenting how Chinese speakers sound on conference calls, but they do not sound great period, from western standards view. I think it should certainly not matter from perspective of any analysis we do here, whether Qu has characteristics of snake oil salesman or pope . If we all agree that then negative comment is really a personal preference, it stays in the realm of such. What followed was surely not analysis but emotion. My plea to all of you is use your logical and analytic mind instead. Do not refer to each other in the fashion you would not want to be addressed yourself and that should do the trick. I have means and so do you to edit your posts, including deleting it. If you choose to remove the posts which went bad I will be happy about it. If you can tolerate them I am fine as well. On another note, I have some very interesting info on declared shipments for December. Some of our darlings are shipping allover the place, including exotic locations for CSIQ. Now if name calling will appear somewhere else I will use tools to stop it. I enjoy this board a lot and I check it daily. I told Snake that I will not allow personal attacks and I plan to keep this promise. I also said that I will ask for moderators. PM me if you are interested in any of the boards.

Thanks odyd.

I really do not get the point about commenting how Chinese speakers sound on conference calls, but they do not sound great period, from western standards view. I think it should certainly not matter from perspective of any analysis we do here, whether Qu has characteristics of snake oil salesman or pope

This part might not be fully fair. Shawn's and Michael's language sounds great to me. And I have no problem understanding other solar 11's or read anything into the acoustics or grammar of it. The comment on how CSIQ present themselves to investors was on the content/message, not how it was said.

IMO, my view is that if anyone wants to pump a specific company, they should do it in their own board and not in the general threads of "Solar News, Analysis". IMO, that should keep the misunderstandings and personal attacks out of the way of a good discussion. JMHO. BTW, I don't mean mentioning their name or a data fact. I'm talking continuous and subjective and selective pumping.

Hi Larry,If anyone wants to promote their stock is good to do it in their respective forums, I agree. I would say that criticism of any stock in general forum should be left to facts, like figures and news releases with opinions on their impact. In this particular case of a good discussion would be list of statements made as an error by one CEO versus another CEO accuracy as example. Management certainly is important to the success of the company and Potter as a CFO, has absolutely positive impact on view of CSIQ on markets. If you focused on the content/ message I am sure we would not be here right now. It is about presentation and approach of that message, which made negative reaction. I think we spent enough on this subject. What I ask for all is to create alternative to yahoo, and for the 99% the value of this thread to investors in solar is higher than yahoo. What we do not have is circulation. It is important to have quality posters and the first 20 will set the tone for next 100, so be mindful of your actions.