Guest JulyWebb

SolarCity (SCTY)

57 posts in this topic

Elon Musk was on the cover of Time about a year ago in an article written by Richard Branson. He will be more famous when Tesla is everywhere and he has moved to Mars.

Non-GAAP EPS = (0.82)

GAAP EPS = (0.26)

"SolarCity achieved the high-end of guidance for both megawatts (MW) deployed and Operating Lease and Solar Energy Systems Incentive Revenue, and set a new quarterly record with 136 MW Booked. We added 17,664 customers—the largest quarterly gain in our history—to end Q1 2014 with over 110,000 customers and remain firmly on track to meet our one million customer target by mid-2018."

Estimated Nominal Contracted Payments Remaining increased to $2,501 million at March 31, 2014, up 97% year-over-year and 21% since the end of the 2013.

Retained Value forecast increased to $1,291 million, equating to retained value per watt forecast of $1.56/W, at March 31, 2014.

SCTY do a classic CB plus capped call transactions: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/solarcity-launches-500-million-convertible-205033200.html

Money to be plowed into Silevo's new 1 GW fab in New York: http://www.pv-tech.org/news/solarcity_breaks_ground_on_1gw_silevo_fab_in_new_york

Anything to avoid uncompetitive SolarWorld panels:

“We continue to have significant challenges with SolarWorld… pricing per watt has been increased, all while deep concerns in the financial community about their liquidity are creating very difficult project finance issues…We now have alternative modules of U.S. manufacture, and very possibly Oregon manufacture, that are both financeable and within cost.”

I laugh at some of those comments. Someone is calculating return on investment. I cannot think of battery as anything else as storage unit. Either I have it or not. I can store my clothes on the floor or buy a chest of drawers. What is the return on chest of drawers, my clothes do not look like crap.

Oh look, let's buy a car and do return on investment on it. Some people are so smart they sound dumb.

You store your energy you generated semi-free from sun. You are self dependable. You have power outage or you want to go off the grid, you do not ask, what is my return on it. It is ability to do it or not.

Also, they did it with TSLA. green for the weekend !! Wish I could afford to buy more. At 225/sh, they need to do a stock split like Apple. That alone will get them 30%.